*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638702-DEAR-ME
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1638702
Written for Dear Me, 2010
Dear Me,

Two thousand and ten has come and you know that the biggest goal is to keep the promise made to your beloved mother before she passed away. Find the strength to keep the light living on for her, and to try to remember to take better care of yourself in order to fulfill the vow. This will not be easy, because she was not only your parent, but the best friend you had in your entire life. Like the most brilliant of stars, she will remain in your heart and soul until the day you die. Carry on despite the pain you still, and always will feel, and do your best to burn as brightly as mom would have wanted you to. Do not feel guilty because things do not feel the same as they used to, for you know that will not happen.

Me, also remember that your family, including your Writing.com family and friends, count on you for many different reasons. Your husband, daughter, father, and grandchildren need you as much as you needed your precious mother. Do not let them down. Your love and support is needed to keep the bright light burning eternally.

Me, also learn to remember that your parents believe in you, and that you must never falter in believing in yourself. Your heart belongs to you, Me, and should always be followed as it is your motto. Time will never lessen the pain, Me, but you must carry on like promised.

Me, you have got to resolve yourself into eating better, and trying to rest more when you are ill. How can you be the beacon needed if you do not? Think about it, Me. God blessed you in many ways, and you know and appreciate it. Carry on, Me. Prove that your mother and the rest of your family and friends are right about you being strong, but most of all that you do not lose the traits they love and respect.

Do not get discouraged when things seem to tear at your heart. Chalk this up to a live and learn experience. Remember the words that inspire you in one of your favorite songs by Bon Jovi. "Better stand tall when they're calling you out. Don't bend, don't break, baby, don't back down." It's your life, Me. Keep true to your word about honesty and integrity being of utmost importance. Do not let anyone to play you for a fool. You know this hurts, therefore must steer clear from those who try to pull you down with deceit and foolishness. Never let go of your faith that there is goodness in most individuals, and keep following your heart. Count your blessings everyday as always.

From the heart,
Me
© Copyright 2010 SHERRI GIBSON (sherrigibson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1638702-DEAR-ME