*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639853-A-Really-Great-Quote-X-2
Rated: E · Prose · Opinion · #1639853
Two of the best quotes I've heard.
Every weekday morning when I boot up my office desktop, two randomly chosen sayings pop up to greet me when I sign on to one particular software package. These quotes change every time. I have no clue how many are stored in the database. I have seen repeaters but it usually takes quite some time for that to happen.

This morning, one of the two was one I'd seen before, but kept forgetting to jot down so I could share it. This morning I did better than that. I printed the screen image and brought it home so I'm certain to quote it accurately.

And, on another morning a number of weeks ago, another quote on the same subject appeared on my laptop, and I found it to be equally humorous and engaging.

These quotes are practically guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Of all the things we're warned every day to be on the lookout for in order to protect ourselves, our family or our neighbors, I don't think these were among them. But then, considering some of the strange things we see and hear on the news these days, maybe they should be on that list. The quotes?

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: "There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity."

Albert Einstein: "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

You decide.
© Copyright 2010 Incurable Romantic (jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639853-A-Really-Great-Quote-X-2