*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639859-I-Cant-Remember
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1639859
A short story of true friendship.
I saw it, all of it. I saw it all and I told them I saw nothing. I knew if I told them, they'd kill him, I just knew it. I watched as Tim prepared the rice pilaf and sprinkle a pinch of rat poison in it. He did not see me, for I was hiding in the pantry from those evil people. "He is doing this for me, for my safety" I thought to myself. "He is risking his life to save mine." They wanted him to cook for them before they made "their decision."

One of them came in, only to scowl at him to hurry up. Tim brought the food into the dining room and gave each person an equal amount. I then came into the dining room from the closet, remarking that I had been in the bathroom. Just before they started to eat, they asked Tim to take the first bite because they thought "it would only be fair."

Tim then remarked nervously that he was not feeling well and thought it best not to eat. The biggest one, slid back from his chair, scraping the floor as he did so, and stood directly over Tim. "What did you put in our food?" he said. "What ever are you talking about," Tim said "It is simply rice pilaf." The big man's face was starting to turn red "Then eat some!" Tim was starting to shake and sweat. I then stood up and yelled "Leave him alone you bastard!" After a few seconds, I realized that I had barked up the wrong tree.

He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and held me against the wall, "I'll kill you, you son of a bitch!" Just as he raised his fist to punch my face in, I heard an extremely loud noise, and soon realized that loud noise was a gun shot.

Tim had shot the man through the back. The other two men got up and took out their very large switch-blades, and charged at him. Without thinking, Tim shot the two men through the chest and watched them collapse to the floor. He looked at me and said "let's get out of here quick!"

We got in Tim's car and drove off. As we were driving, I could see flashing lights behind us in the rear view mirror. "Tim, it's the cops!" I said. Tim then nervously pulled to the side of the road, and before I knew it, dashed out of the car into the dark woods.

By the time the police officer got to the car, Tim was already gone. I then found myself sitting in the back of a police cruiser heading to the station for questioning. When I arrived at the station, a detective in a nice suit with a gun strapped to his belt sat across from me at his desk with a pen and paper. He said "Okay, son I want you to tell me everything that happened tonight." With that I simply said "I can't remember."
© Copyright 2010 DJ Young (dyoung027 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1639859-I-Cant-Remember