*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640645-Your-Grains-of-Sand
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1640645
What will you leave behind in this world?
I will warn you, this post begins with a negative tone, but I do promise it ends positively. Please, read on to get the full effect.

In this world; this erratic unstable universe in which we struggle through, there are only two things that are certain.

Time and Death.

I’ve stretched my imagination to its infinite edges, searching for another constant to add to this meager list. For example; love, as much as we may deny, can end; a sports’ fanatic’s beloved football game ends when the buzzer calls; a passionate musician’s song, when the chords fade; peace, when war intrudes; the ground beneath our feet isn’t as stable as we’d all like to think; and every day ends with the stroke of midnight.

But with the end of each day begins a new one. Due to time.

Time is timeless, ironic, but true. Very unlike you and me….we all know how that ends.

Death is inevitable; unavoidable. The buzzer always calls; the chords fade into emptiness; we cease to exist. A countdown is already in place for each one of us. The grains of sand at the top of the hour glass are incessantly falling.

Okay, now, enough negativity. I’m pretty sure you got my point there.

Death doesn’t have to be considered a bad ending to a good story. It can very much be the opposite, actually. We can do something within our limited time frame to imprint each grain in our hourglass. A legacy, if I may say so.

Though, I suppose it depends on the person. If you wish to render blank grains of sand that wash to the ocean’s floor upon your demise, by all means, do as you please. BUT, if you’re like me; you care about who you are and the capabilities permitted to you, then imprint your grains of sand. Allow them to bathe on the beaches, sparkling in the sun’s rays for everyone to witness and remember.

I will leave you with a quote: “If your name means that much to you, live on and redeem it.” –Agrael
© Copyright 2010 LorynMarie (lorynmarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1640645-Your-Grains-of-Sand