*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641283-Insomniac
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Fantasy · #1641283
This is the first few paragraphs of the book I'm writing, this is a different version.
Today the weather reflected my mood; gloomy. The inky clouds cloaked a patchy blend of grey on a sky shaped canvas and hugged the many mountain peaks that clustered together beneath its cape. Although this typical weather was expected, I must admit it was a little disappointing as it’s my birthday today and all I wanted was a splash of sun, but obviously there wasn’t a chance in hell that was going to happen. As my thoughts wiggled between the stretches of clouds, I thought of the weatherman, and how surprising it was that he hadn’t lost his job yet seeing as he announced the same thing every morning; ‘Today the sky won’t be visible, everything will be the same old monochrome colour and it will be pissing it down from the early hours of today ‘til the early hours of tomorrow.’ Well that’s what he might as well say; it’s what all the locals were thinking. I never really liked my birthday, if you haven’t have guessed already. Maybe the weather has finally taken its toll on me and made me miserable too.

©Jade Redmond - Insomniac
© Copyright 2010 chuuujadey3 (chuuujadey3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641283-Insomniac