*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643974-Mystic-Gang-War
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Fantasy · #1643974
This is a part from the middle of this story, I haven't got a beginning for it yet.
“Stop.” Via called into the darkness, pointing her gun at the figure of a tiger beside the car. She moved closer so that the tiger was actually in range. “Change back.” She watched as the tiger turned into Tye, her face not showing her surprise. “Weapons on the ground.” She had heard the others do this often enough to know what she was meant to say.
“I didn't expect to see you here.” Tye said, pulling a gun out of a hip holster. “You don't seem the type to be hanging out with Rebles.”
“I'm all for standing up for what's right.” Via replied, trying to stop her heart from bursting out of her chest.
“And you think this is right?”
Via shrugged, gun hand not moving. “It's the end product that matters, not the process of getting to that end.”
“Viv.” A familiar voice from close behind Via almost made her jump. “Why isn't he dead yet?” Cris asked, pulling out his own gun.
“Kill him?” Via asked, her gun hand dropping slightly. Cris's arm came around her holding her gun arm straight. “But... I... No...”
Cris slipped the arm holding his own gun circled her waist. “Come on babe.” He whispered against her neck.
Via turned her face towards the two arms both holding the same gun to hide the fear that she knew would be in her eyes. “I can't. I told you when we started that I wouldn't kill someone.”
Tye watched the interaction, waiting for the chance to get away. He saw the flash of fear in Via's eyes before she turned her head away, but the Rebles eyes didn't leave him.
“Fine.” Cris said. “I'll do it.” He pushed Via away from him and aimed the gun at Tye's head.
“No!” Via screamed, pulling at Cris's arm so the shot was misdirected. She knew the blow was coming before it landed, the but of the gun slamming in to her temple making stars burst behind her eyes.
“How dare you.” Cris spat. He looked over at Tye, noting the body on the ground and the blood coming from it before turning back to Via. “You're lucky that the shot landed or you would be in a similar state to him right now.” He kicked her side. “Wait 'till I get you back to the bosses. You're going to wish I had shot you.”
“Please Cris, I'm sorry.” Via began to beg. “I don't know what came over me. Please don't hand me over to the bosses. I'll do anything. Please.”
Cris looked at her for a moment, thinking. “Get up.” He said, finally. Via scrambled quickly to her feet and Cris held the gun out to her. “Take the gun and shoot him in the head.”
“What?”
“We have to make sure he is dead, and you have to prove that you are still loyal to both me and the cause.” Cris explained.
Via walked over to the unmoving body, stopping a couple of meters from it and pointed the gun at his head. Her hand started to shake so she put the other one up to support the gun.
“You will have to be closer than that.” Cris said from behind her. “I want you to see the bullet going in. Show your loyalty.”
She took a few more steps forward so she was standing right next to the body, she couldn't think of Tye actually being dead. She took a breath and closed her eyes.
Suddenly she found herself on her back, arms being pinned to her sides by someone's knees, her own gun pointing between her eyes. She struggled under the weight and heard her gun being cocked. She looked over at Cris, who had his own gun out and was backing away. A little squeak of fear came from her throat before she could stop it and Cris looked at her.
“Sorry babe, this is where I leave you.” He said with a small shrug.
“Wait, what?” Via asked, watching as Cris ran off. She turned to look up at Tye and her eyes focused on the barrel of the gun. “Oh God.” Crossing her eyes caused the stars to once again burst behind her eyes. “Oh god.” She tried to move her hand to her throbbing head and remembered it was trapped. She closed her eyes instead with a groan.
“Are you alright?” Tye asked.
“Yea, great.” She replied sarcasticly. “I just love being trapped beneath you.”
“I can't let you up.” Tye said.
Via felt him shift slightly and heard the faint clink as the gun was moved. She looked up, saw the gun still pointed between her eyes and then saw Tyes hand moving towards her. She moved her head away from his hand. “What are you doing?” Fear wavered her voice.
“You're bleeding.” Tye said simply. “He hit you hard, that guy...” His sentence trailed off, trying to get Via to say the guys name.
Via would have shrugged, but couldn't. “It's not that bad.” She said ignoring the implied question.
Tye looked at her for a while before grabbing a phone out of his pocket and quickly dialling a number. Via's hearing could easily pick up what was being said. “Fang? Report!”
“Some of them met me in the ally. One ran off but another has decided to stick around.”
“Stay on the line while we track your location.” Some weird whirring noises came from the phone. “See you in five.” Tye hung up and put the phone back in his pocket.
“Are you alright?” Via asked him.
Tye cocked his eyebrow. “Why wouldn't I be?”
“You got shot.”
He laughed. “Na, shot missed. It was just a squib.”
“Oh.”
“Are you sure you're alright?” Tye asked as Via blinked away another burst of stars. “This isn't that bad?”
“I've had worse.” Via replied simply, closing her eyes. She felt Tye shift slightly and opened her eyes a crack, but it didn't look like he had moved so she closed them again.
Tye pulled the hanky out of his back pocket and froze as Via opened her eyes. He dabbed lightly at the blood running down her temple and felt her flinch beneath him. “Sorry.”
“Didn't hurt.” Via replied tightly. She felt Tye begin to dab again and slowly relaxed as she realised that what she had said was true. As she relaxed she discovered that Tye wasn't actually sitting on her, which would have restricted her breathing, but supporting himself on his feet.



To read more of my stories follow this link: http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/user_id/celtic_writer
© Copyright 2010 Cathleen Miller (celtic_writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1643974-Mystic-Gang-War