*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644735-1471-chapter-5
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1644735
I may be able to get back on track with my original plan
    Stan woke up the following morning very groggy and completely run down. He had had very vivid, frightening dreams that he truly felt he seemed to be a part of. Eileen asked him what was wrong and he told her "I had a dream last night that I had been transformed into a fish and was swimming in the river. In my dream I could hear a voice crying and wailing for help, and trying to give me guidance to help." Stan paused waiting for Eileen to give him "The Look" like he's finally losing it, instead she took his hand in both of hers and, with caring eyes asked him to continue.



    Stan started from the beginning of his dream describing as best he could what it felt like to be a fish. "It was very odd having big open slits in my body where I'm used to having ears for starters, and the idea of wiggling my way through a cold, resistant substance without feeling restricted at all or seeming to care that the temperature was cool are, the  parts of my dream that were easily accepted and enjoyed. It was like being able to fly with a much faster changing sky and such a beautiful, peaceful semi silence that instilled an instant feeling of euphoria. However,  the closer I got to the hydro-electric dam, I started feeling apprehension, fear, and puzzlement as to why because, I was a rather large fish and nothing was going to eat me. Then something spoke to me, the voice was very angry and was a low rasping sound, more like a low gurgling hiss I guess, at times very hard to understand. This voice told me to leave and die and that I'm not a fish and don't meddle in affairs that aren't my concern and that he would kill her and the river would be his.  However I would have none of it, realizing that this was not the origin of my fear really got me scared. Wondering if the evil that I heard wasn't what frightened me what was it? My. Fishy little brain was then subjected to, well I don't know but for lack of better knowledge or understanding I will call it telepathic blasts of terror and images felt and seen by another. And I could see all around me my peers, the other fish, react as well. The excruciating pain and panic was maddening and frustrating because I knew I needed to do something but not what needed to be done. My dream ended with a brief glance of two entities I can't name. The first was truly  gorgeous and its image gave me an instant tranquility and peace mixed with confusion because I never would have thought a little dragon looking thingy would be beautiful to me but hey I'm a fish right? The second being resembled I boiling cloud of dirt that to me looked a little more substantial than it should have. I watched It push boulders in my underwater valley. To what purpose I couldn't guess. That's when I woke up." Stan concluded.



    Eileen had started to respond when stan said " Ooh, hold on, I'M SORRY, I really really need to pee." And so he got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to relieve himself.



Word count: 555

© Copyright 2010 misterwicked (misterwicked at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644735-1471-chapter-5