*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644749-Wolves-of-Lore
by Savina
Rated: E · Chapter · Animal · #1644749
A wolf wanders though the night and finds a blind female being attacked.
The sky was beautiful tonight. the stars glistened on the snow and ice covered branches below, giving it all a magical appearance. The snow was fresh, untouched by all. Even the animals of the night had yet to set foot in it's pure white blanket.
A small creek flowed nearby, though slowly as it was beginning to freeze in the bitter cold night.
Snowflakes still drifted down once in awhile, making it even more beautiful.
The silence broke as an owl hooted from his icy perch in the treetops. The sound of his wings flapping filled the night air as he flew off, searching for his meal.
Off in the distance, a lone wolf could be heard howling, most likely in search of it's pack.
Paw shaped indents soon led the way to the creek as a lone blue Grey wolf made his way to the creek, and began to drink. His emerald green eyes glanced around him curiously, his ears twitching as they caught the sound of another wolf. Raising his head, he let out a loud howl, calling out to the Fae that it so obviously belonged to.
He waited for a reply, wanting so badly for company tonight, it was much colder than he would have liked.
Perhaps, she would even provide shelter as well as warmth.
The reply came, but it was cut short and turned quickly into a howl of pain, and then silence.
Without a seconds thought, Tyreal bounded toward her. It seemed to take forever to get there, but when he finally arrived, he was shocked at what he was seeing, Shocked by what was causing her cries of pain.

Before him, was a small cliff side, with an even smaller cave that led underground. A small female wolf stood, backed against the cliff wall. Her pelt was Bright red, fading white on her four legs, chest, and belly. Her eyes are what caught his attention though. they were so white, they were ice blue, and looking toward, but not at, the three wolves attacking her.

Her shoulder, was dripping blood down her white leg, and leaving the snow under her feet a deep crimson color.
Numerous other minor injuries covered her body, and she seemed out of breath.
The three wolves in front of her were growling, and moving slowly toward her, knowing she didn't stand a chance against them. Tyreal growled deeply, and lunged forward, snapping his jaws at the black wolf in the middle, who seemed to be their leader.
The black wolf turned and lunged toward Tyreal, but he was too fast. Tyreal turned, the black wolf's fangs barely missing his throat as Tyreal's own sank into the flesh of his shoulder.
The fae was no longer whimpering, as she heard what was going on around her. Using the sounds to guide her, she lunged and sank her fangs into one of the grey wolves that was watching fearfully as his leader was being attacked.
Both of them were confused and lost as to what they should do, now that their leader was bloody and could barely stand.
Tyreal's fangs sank into the other wolfs neck, and held tightly, warning him if he moved just a hair, he would meet his end.
His eyes followed the red and white female, amazed at her fighting skills as she snapped her teeth at the other wolves,

"Leave now, if you wish to see the light of day once again." She growled at them, her fangs bright red from the other wolf's blood.
With only a seconds hesitation, the wolves were gone, heading off into the deep forest as fast as they could manage.
Tyreal loosened his grip on the black wolf's neck, and growled deeply before letting go.
"Go find yourself something better to do with your time. This fae is no longer of any importance to you, to kill or otherwise."

His deep green eyes looked toward the female only after the wolves were far out of sight.
He wanted to follow them, To rip them to shreds after what they had done to her. She was silent, blood still dripping down her leg, though slower than before.
© Copyright 2010 Savina (savina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1644749-Wolves-of-Lore