*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645505-The-Freedom-to-Write
Rated: · Article · Writing · #1645505
Originally written for Triond.com on Oct 13, 2007
The Freedom to Write
This is about my desire and exuberance of writing, then sharing it with others who desire to do the same, and the gratitude for being able to do so freely.


It is wonderful having the freedom to write and to get positive feedback from others. There are many writing websites now that writers can share their work with people just like themselves.

Being able to put your words on a piece of paper makes them come alive. It makes it seem more real than it was, sitting alone in your head. It works wonders as you free associate your jumbled thoughts and feelings. It helps you sort it all out, once you can see it.

Friends and family don’t often give us the kind of feedback we are looking for. We writers look deep within the writing to see the secrets it unfolds; the beauty it describes; the feelings it evokes. And of course the normal stuff: spelling, punctuation, etc.

There is a part of every writer’s soul that is begging to be let loose in the world for everyone to see. There is the pain deep within the soul that wishes to escape; anger needing to be subdued.

Writing is a freedom some people don’t have. As a child I was afraid to let my parents see anything I wrote. But I wrote none the less.

What we write is not important; only that we do write. That we do put that pencil to the paper, pen to the journal, fingertips to the keyboard. That we can say it loud and clear, without any fear.

I am so grateful I am able to write. I am grateful for exposing my soul to the universe and having the universe smile down on me.

I am grateful to you, the readers. Without you it would be like one hand clapping, or a tree falling down in a forest with no one around.

What are you grateful for today?
© Copyright 2010 Marine Mom (marcysheck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645505-The-Freedom-to-Write