*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645553-Brutal-Wars-Prologue-Part-2
by Kouki
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1645553
A young kid is accepted into a noble house.
The Brutal Wars
The First Strike


         The moon stood high in the cold winter night, a wolf's howl rang out and a boy awoke.
         The boy was no older than five, with pitch black hair and pure black eye. He wore nothing but a torn, vomit colored tunic and a pair of dark brown trousers. Upon his shoulders rested a torn, reddish-brown cloak.
         He shivered as a cold wind passed through the cobblestone street he laid on. The boy got up and shook off the snow that had accumulated on his body.
         He looked down the street at a large house covered in snow and surrounded by tall pines trees. The windows were lit by candles and gave the impression of a warm and inviting home. The boy began to walk down the street towards the house.
         The house was in the center of town and was often called the manor house. The area around it was often referred to as the 'town square', even though it was just a paved circle. there was plenty of room to fit everyone in the village in this large plot of land. The street changed from cobblestone to brick as he walked into the square.
         As he neared the house he passed several people in expensive clothing who looked down at him with disgust on thier faces and rumors of what he would stoop to as an outcast.
         The boy stopped outside an iron fence that soared up to ten feet above him. He looked to his left and saw a heavy iron gate. He walked over to the gate and tried to open it onloy to find it locked.
         A tear ran down his face and froze before it had left his chin. He walked back to where he had stood before and collapsed in a sob. As his tears ran down his cheek he wondered why he couldn't have what the people that lived in the manot had. Why was he the one made to suffer like this?
         Suddenly he heard a terrible, screeching, noise come from the direction of the iron gate. The boy looked over to see a small girl step out and look directly at him.
         The girl wore a snow white nightgown that seemed to glow under the moon. She barely seemed older than himself for she could barely reach the lock and handle on the gate. She walked up to him and held out her hand.
         "Come." was all that she said.
         Her face was one of kindness and caring. She had long blonde hair, which nearly fell to her kneesand when he looked at her face he found beautiiful, caring blue eyes.
         Suddenly a smile appeared on her face and she reached down and took his hand and pulled him to his feet, and with a giggle pulled him past the iron gate, into the manor house.
© Copyright 2010 Kouki (vid209 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645553-Brutal-Wars-Prologue-Part-2