*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645650-Confession-WMG
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Teen · #1645650
Kevin finally confesses to Karen, what will happen?
Whats gone on before:

When Karen and Kevin first meet, the mixed like oil and water. Kevin thought Karen was a stuck up rich snob. Karen thought Kevin was a lazy arrogant jock. However once they were forced to work together on a school project, they changed their view. Kevin began to realize what a warm, kind, and amazing person Karen was behind her cold venire. Likewise Karen ended up trusting and opening up to Kevin like no one else. It didn’t take long for Kevin to fall hard for Karen. However, he knew how much she depended on him, and didn’t want to mess things up between them. However, one day his feeling spilled over. To cover himself up he told her that he like someone, but wouldn’t tell her who. Ever since, Karen has been determined to find out who the mystery girl is, and to help Kevin out. Kevin decides to play along, and ask her to be his pretend girlfriend so he will have the courage to ask “her” out. Karen agrees but all the while she constantly ask for hints. Kevin hopes to woo Karen, and to find out if she has any feelings for him. He charade is coming to an end however. Will he find the courage to confess. If so, how will Karen respond?





“Karen!” Kevin said while running to catch up with her. “We need to talk.” Kevin was confused. The last week when they had been at outs with each other was horrible. He had missed her like crazy, but wasn’t quite sure how to make up, or even if he truly was at fault. Finally he just gave in and invited her to hang out with him at his house like they used to all the time. He had been looking forward to it. As was his family. They had gotten used to having Karen and Cassie around. Then of course Jen had to invite herself along, when he wanted…needed alone time with Karen, but whatever. At least they were hanging out. Things were going fine, and then all of a sudden she leaves without even mentioning that she is leaving! What’s with that? He wanted some answers!

         “Look, Kevin, just go back home. I’ve got things to do.” Karen said while trying to stay away from Kevin

         “No, we are going to talk, NOW! This is the second time lately that you have gotten upset, and ran away. I thought we were over this. I don’t want to repeat the past, I want to move forward. So please just tell me what I’ve done so I can apologize or explain or…”          

         Karen just shook her head. “Its not you. You didn’t do anything.”

         “Then why?”

         Karen really wanted more than anything to just leave. Right now she felt embarrassed and ridiculous for the way she had just stormed out. She couldn’t even put into words exactly why she had. “I don’t know. I just didn’t want to get in the way.”

         “Your weren’t”

         “You had invited Jen over, and I thought you wanted to hang out with her, so I left.”

         “I didn’t invite her over! I invited YOU!” Kevin exclaimed. “And anyways, that still doesn’t explain why you left. All of us hang out all the time, so what’s the big deal?” By this point Kevin was feeling agitated. He knew that in the past he had let his temper get the best of him when it came to Karen. He had had a long talk about cooling his temper with God. But right now, he was failing miserably.

         “Well…,” Karen stammered, “this is your house, so its just different. Plus I figured you wanted her there, and I…”

         “I wanted you there! I actually invited you!”

         “Well, I… I just didn’t want to be the third wheel ok!”

         “Third wheel?” Kevin officially went from upset to confused. Why would she think she was the third wheel unless… “Wait, did you think me and Jen?

         “You two get along and I just thought you two might not want me there.” By this point Karen was starting to feel really uncomfortable for some reason.

         Kevin picked up on the fact that the thought of him and Jen upset her. He couldn’t resist taunting her a little. “Would that bother you?”

         “What? No, of course not. I just.. well why would it. I mean you are my good friend and she is my good friend. That’s ideal.” Or at least it was supposed to be. So why isn’t it? Why did she feel so… jealous. No! Not jealous, she couldn’t be jealous. There had to be some logical explanation for how she felt. Right? “Anyways, I’m there all the time, and I was in the way, so I left. And this morning, well I got tired of your playing around. I’m stupid, ok. I’m sorry.”

         “No, no. You aren’t stupid. The only stupid thing you said was that I liked Jen when it is obviously her friend that I like.” He knew this was it. Now was the time to confess. It was now or never. If he didn’t tell her now, he probably never would. And that would be something he would regret all of his life. Surprisingly, his voice held much more confidence than he felt. “Her pretty friend who is about 5”4’, brown eyed and brown haired.”

         At this point Karen became very interested. She had been trying to find out who Kevin’s mystery crush was for a long time. Kevin had been such a great comfort, and help to her that she wanted more than anything to return the favor to him. “How long?”

         “About this long,” Kevin said while reaching over, and touching her hair.

         “Oh shut up!”

         “No,” he said with more force than he intended. “I’m not joking. I really care deeply about Jen’s good friend. This friend wha is intelligent, fun-loving, and one of the most caring people I know. Sometimes we don’t get along very well, ok so we fight a lot. But it is worth it everytime we do get along, and have our moments.” Kevin couldn’t hide his smile, remembering their last moment. “And it hurts me so bad when I see and hear about all the pain and strife her life contains. At the same time though it warms my heart to know that I am the one  you turn to. I just wish I could make it all go away for you, but I can’t if you won’t let me.”

         Karen was a relatively perceptive person. It didn’t take her long to realize that the girl he was describing resembled her a lot. Not to mention the fact that towards the end the “her” became “you.” Karen was not however a very confident individual. In her mind there was no way he could mean what he was saying. For some reason though, the thought that he wasn’t serious saddened her. “Stop it! This isn’t funny ok.” Karen turned away from Kevin while saying this.

         Kevin moved in front of her. “I’m not trying to be funny. I’m trying to ask you out.” There, he’d said it. He finally told her. There would be no more wishing and hoping that maybe she liked him because she did this, or said that. It was the moment of truth, and he felt like he was flying. Letting out his feelings that he had kept pent up for so long felt good. Really good.

         “Are you really? You want to date me? Me? ME?” Karen just really could not believe it. The thought that he, Kevin, the handsome star football player who had the hearts of the majority or the girls at school, liked her. Plain old, nothing special, HER. She didn’t even hear his yes. She was too caught up in her swirling thoughts and emotions.

         Kevin, on the other hand was sitting there watching her, and waiting for a response. He was nervous as all get out, and getting kind of nervous. He had just laid his heart on his sleeve, and was waiting for her to accept it, or break it. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally spoke up. “Um… are you going to give me answer?”

         At that point Karen remembered that she was supposed to respond. “Kevin, I um.. I don’t know what to say”

         Kevin no longer felt like he was soaring through the air. He had crashed and hit the lowest rock bottom. It was exactly as he feared, she didn’t like him back. Now she would think he was some lovesick weirdo. The best friendship he ever had was just ruined by his stupidity. He should have kept his lame feeling to himself.  Trying to salvage his last bit of pride he said, “I understand if you don’t like me like that. I mean it fine. I just thought you should know how I feel and everything.”

         Obviously his hurt showed through, because she quickly said, “Kevin, no. I mean it is not like I don’t. It is just that it happened so fast. I’ve never thought of you like that.”

         He had heard enough. She was letting him down easy. “OK.. I get it. Thanks at least for being kind about it.”          

         She shook her head. “You don’t understand.” She was amazed by his vulnerability. Did he honestly think that she wouldn’t want him! This was too strange. “I never allowed myself to think of you like that because I knew it was useless. Honestly, look at you and look at me. We don’t match. I’m just so confused.”

         “I really wasn’t trying to confuse you. I’ve just wanted to tell you for so long, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I’m sorry.”

         “No don’t be sorry. It is just sudden. I need time to decide and really process it.

         “Yeah, sure take all the time you need. Whenever and whatever you decide. I just don’t want to mess up our friendship.” All Karen could do was nod. “But just tell me.. is there a possibility at all…?”

         She just shrugged. If he only knew.





© Copyright 2010 purplegirl (acalhou3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1645650-Confession-WMG