*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646251-Lesson-5-Part-2-VoiceCharacter
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Other · #1646251
Bank robbery and three different characters
Voice/Character
Outdoor café at lunchtime.
Bank robbery across the street.

Character #1 – Da’Vide – Stylist
Character #2 - Peggy – Middle-aged heavy set woman
Character #3 - William – Cheating businessman


Da’Vide - Stylist

"All right, can I have your name?"


"Da’Vide." Gross - he has mustard on his unifrom.

"David what?"

"Da’Vide! Just Da’Vide." Oh, Lordy. Give me strength.

"OK, David can you tell me anything about what you witnessed across the street."

"It’s Da’Vide!" Get a clue, girlfriend.

"Yes, that’s what I said. So David, tell me what you saw."

Well, first you need a manicure, and a wax for those hairy knuckles, and if you call me David again, I’ll just scream. "Three crazy people running like there was a fire sale somewhere." Did I just shriek like a girl?

"Calm down, David. Can you describe them?"

"Ticky tacky clothes." Mario will be so miffed if I’m late for his style appointment. He so needs highlights.

"How so?"

"They were wearing running shoes with boot cut jeans. Gawd!"

"All three of them?"

"Except for the crazy bitch…she was wearing peep-toe pumps. Naughty girl."

"Are you sure about that?"

Do you not know anything, Mr. Stinky breath? "Everyone knows you wear them with skinny jeans."

"Running shoes?"

"No! Peep-toe." Gawd! I feel like I’m talking to a baboon. "Are we done here? I can’t be late for Mario. He’ll just freak on me."

"Where can I reach you if I need more information?"

"Da’Vide Salon, of course. It’s around the corner, and make an appointment for some landscaping. Ta ta."


Peggy – Middle-aged plump lady

"Miss, would you please step over here."

"Of course, officer. This is so exciting." I can’t wait to tell Esther.

"Your name, please."

"Peggy. Peggy Sanborn. Is the media here yet? Do I look okay? I should have worn my red poncho today. It would have really shown up on TV."

"No ma’am they aren’t and you look fine."

"When will they be here? Will I be on the news?"

"I don’t have that information ma’am."

"Call me Peggy. This is so thrilling. Me and Queenie saw everything from right there."

"Who’s Queenie? Is she still here?"

"She’s always with me. Where I go, she goes."

"Yes – but where is she now, ma’am?"

"Peggy. Peggy Sanborn. Right here."

"Right where, ma’am?"

"Oh, yeah. Queenie baby, the nice officer wants to see you. Aw, come to mama, precious. See, isn’t she adorable?"

"Queenie is your dog - in a dress - which you carry in your purse?"

"Shh – lower your voice. Queenie’s a people person. Aren’t you sweetie? Would you like to hold her?"

"That won’t be necessary. I just need to know what you saw at the bank."

"Well, there were two or three people, I think, come running out of the bank." I sure wish I had worn the red poncho.

"Which was it? Two or three?"

"Queenie – was it two or three?"

"Thank you, ma’am. You can go now."

"Will I be on TV? Don’t forget, it’s Peggy. Call me if you need anymore information." I so have to tell Esther about this.

William – traveling business man

This is such bad news. I told my boss I had a luncheon with a client to close a deal, and here I am with my girlfriend lunching outdoors in front of God and everyone. I’m sure others saw us kissing and if the wife finds out…

"You sir, I need to speak with you. What’s your name?"

"William." Jeez, I should have lied.

"Where were you when events at the bank occurred?"

"Um…right here having lunch."

"Was anyone with you?"

What do I do? What do I do? I can feel the sweat on my forehead – I wonder if he’ll notice. "I was with a client." There, was that so hard?

"And the client’s name?"

Shit shit shit…I knew this would happen. "Well, my client already left before the bank fiasco."

"You call it a fiasco. What did you witness?"

"Um…nothing much, except three people came racing out of the bank."

"Can you describe them?"

Well yeah, Gloria took a picture with her camera phone, but I can’t say that. "You know, three people in dark clothes, the usual." Be vague.

"Anything else?"

"No officer…I wasn’t wearing my glasses." Good one…you don’t even wear glasses.

"OK…can I have your full name and a number to reach you? Just in case we have to get in touch with you, or your client. What was your client’s name?"

He sees the sweat and knows I'm lying my ass off. "My client was already gone when this happened." Waiting at the hotel for me.

"I understand, but they may have seen something unusual prior to the bank robbery."

Lie lie lie and lie some more and then get the hell out of here.

"Oh, wait here come the news team. Hold on, William."

I am so busted.


© Copyright 2010 Endless Enigma (charmed1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646251-Lesson-5-Part-2-VoiceCharacter