*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646800-Late
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1646800
Dialogue only interaction for contest. Please rate if you read.
“Wooooo, meteor shower!”

“Where?”

“Not yet, silly.”

“You’re drunk.”

“You’re silly, you goose.”

“Is there supposed to be a shower tonight or no?”

“Yeah. Hey, hand me another bottle please.”

“Here. When is it? I’ve always wanted to see one.”

“Let’s watch from your roof!”

“You think you can handle that, Sarah?”

“Shush your silly mouth hole and prithee come hither and alight upon yon rooftop that we may bathe beneath a shower of meteors, good suitor.”

“I’m not a suitor. Gonna’ be hard with my guitar though.”

“Be a man, wuss.”

“You don’t get any more beer.”

“And guess what you don’t get, silly boy.”

“Here, step on my shoulders and I’ll hand you the booze and the guitar.”

“Do ye plan to serenade me, you cutesie fondling, hmmm?”

“I sing for myself, I’m a vagabond, not a fondling.”

“You’re a pear.”

“Alright, here. Give me a hand please, and be careful… Thank you. Wow...”

“Look at all the stars? I knew that’s what you were going to say. I hate how movies make something like that so humdrum. Ooooh, that’s a pretty chord, what is that, G? Sing for me, fondling. That’s a pleasant rhythm.”

“I’ve got a towel in my hand,
I’ve got my plastic cap and
Just need me some meteors now
Just…”

“Oh my God, that is awful, babe, please stop.”

“You’re awful… Awfully cute, hahaha”

“That’s strike two, next time you’re going off the roof. Give me another bottle.”

“Where exactly do you hide your beer belly?”

“Beer’s all I keep down, I’ll just throw up whatever else I eat so no more jelly belly, hahaha.”

“Sarah…”

“You know I’m kidding, fondling. Thou art a sheep.”

“Yeah well, it’s not right because you used to…”

“Everyone used to something, dear. Stop it.”

“What’s the matter?”

“I’ve been meaning to tell you, Charlie…”

“Tell me what? You’re not purging again are you?”

“No… I’ve been meaning to tell you that I think I missed it.”

“Haha, oh well, I figured you were too intoxicated to really know when this thing is coming.”

“No… I mean I think I missed my period. Like a couple weeks ago…?”

“Are you kidding?”

“No, Charles.”

“You’re drinking!”

“I know… I just… I don’t even know what we’ll do if… I mean finishing school and…”

“Hey, stop. Just put that beer down and stop crying. I wish you’d told me sooner, we’ll be alright, Sarah. Please, please stop crying… Hey, look. Babe look up. It’s here, we didn’t miss it.”

“It’s not that easy Charlie. I don’t care about the damn sky, we did miss it. We’re going to miss it… we’re going to miss everything. We could be parents now Charlie…”

“If that’s true, then we have much more magical things in store for us than meteor showers, Sarah. Here, dry your eyes.”

(474 Word Count)
© Copyright 2010 CorrugateSky (mrbumbee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646800-Late