*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647670-Wheres-Adam
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1647670
Short story about Adam.
Where’s Adam?

By Michael Steven Scott



         “You know I really do enjoy our after dinner chats, but sometimes your stories are a bit….really far out there dude. I mean come on.” said Walter looking at his lifelong friend.
          “Ok, then you will enjoy this one….” he smiled as he said it. “Before Eve, God told Adam, of every tree of tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat.” “So, it would be logical to believe, he ate of every tree.” “Yes, you could follow that line of logic….and I know you will.” said Walter. “One of the trees was supposedly the tree of life….or immortality. If he ate from that tree, he could be immortal, he could still be alive….today.” said his friend.
         “Wait, you want me to believe that Adam….THE ADAM, is still alive?” said Walter. His friend went on to say, “Well, isn’t it possible?” “I suppose it could be, but not probable. You could get better odds in Vegas.” said Walter, waiting for the next line of this story. He friend went on, “It almost makes you wonder what other powers the rest of the trees had in them.” He looked almost longingly.
         “Well, I’m going to have to think about this one for a while. I really should be getting home. Thank you and your lovely wife for dinner.” said Walter, getting up and heading for the door. “As always, our pleasure.” said his friend. Walter smiled as his friend closed the door behind him.
         The mans’ wife entered the room and sat on the couch beside him. “Oh Adam, why do you tease them so?”
         

© Copyright 2010 Cat Springs (catsprings at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647670-Wheres-Adam