*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647934-Tammy
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1647934
A big brother is late picking up his little sister at school.
“Listen, I can’t be late picking up Tammy. She’s only eight. She’ll freak out.”

“The teacher won’t leave her out there alone. I’ve never seen a brother so worried about his little sister. You like her better than you like me.”

“You know that’s not true. I just don’t want to get in trouble with Mom. You don’t want me to be grounded, do you?”

“No, but we never have any time together lately. Ever since your dad moved out, your mom makes you do everything. It’s not fair.”

“I’ll make it up to you Saturday. We’ll spend the whole day at the beach. I promise. Now, I gotta go.”

“All right. I’m going. Bye.”



“Hey, Monica. Have you seen Tammy?”

“I don’t know. She was here a little while ago. Mrs. Johnson’s over there…ask her.”

“Mrs. Johnson, I’m Tammy’s brother. Where’s Tammy?”

“Well…I think I saw her with some girls over by the gym.”

“Thanks a lot. I’ll go check.”

“Hey, Deenie. Have you seen Tammy?”

“Yeah, she just went to pet a kitty over by that bench. Maybe it went in the woods.”

“Why didn’t you go with her?”

“Why should I? I’m busy with my friends. It’s not my job to watch your sister.”

“Well, isn’t Tammy your friend?”

“Soooo?”

“Tammy! Tammy! Where are you, Tammy? Answer me right now!”

“Stupid kid. You’d think she could wait five minutes.”

“Tammy! You’d better get back here right now!”

“Joey, Joey. Here I am. Look at this pretty kitty. Can we keep it? Please?”

“What are you doing, running off in the woods like that? Didn’t Mom tell you to wait with the other kids for me? What’s wrong with you?”

“No..No..Nothing, Joey. You’re hurting my arm. I’m telling Mom. Quit it. What about the kitty?”

“Oh, all right. Bring the stupid cat. We gotta get home.”


309 words
© Copyright 2010 Happy 2024! (biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1647934-Tammy