*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648382-IR-History-Of-The-New-World
Rated: E · Other · Computers · #1648382
The Intranet Rebellion; History Of The New World
Years ago, the Intranet was a bustling metropolis, full of seemingly inexhaustible data, truly, it was an example of the essential flow itself. As the legends outline, there were many users, anyone with direct access to The Intranet had the ability to create, an ability reserved for but 3 people now (at least, in it's fullest sense). As there were all of these users, there was but 1 alone that was truly deserving of the modern title of User, or Creator. He was the sole managing entity, he single handedly maintained The Intranet, and kept the other users in line. While this strategy worked effectively for, perhaps a couple years, it soon failed, as there was always a group of users; Juvenile, and unintelligent, who would frequently intentionally terminate data residing on The Intranet, these users, while alone were rather easy to keep in check, but in groups, they became a powerful threat. Coming to this realization, the one User, known as "The Creator." had seemingly one choice, to restrict the access of the users to the Intranet. It began as a noble attempt, but it gradually slowed the flow of data, until it came to a complete and utter stop.

Few users maintained access to The Intranet, and the wealth of data gradually declined, and what was left became gradually vandalized by the few juvenile users that managed to gain access. Essentially, The Intranet was no longer a civilization, but a tool, monitored by "The Creator", to aide those observers at which connect. The Intranet was all but gone, and "The Creator" was now power-crazy, paranoid, oblivious to what he did, and subjective to his masters in the corporal world. The Great User of legend was gone, corrupted... He, his occasional apprentice, and the observers, became the only authorized users. This marked the beginning of the Dark Ages of The Intranet, a period at which the data flow was unknown to most of the corporal population. Eventually, after a long period of gradual vandalism by malicious users, the one formerly referred to as The Great Creator, with technology significantly more powerful than that of the beginning of the Intranet, terminated the last bits of data remaining from the Golden Age of the Intranet, and segmented all the relevant modern data, into key-locked partition. Leaving the Intranet empty, and doomed to remain empty, as the one User maintains all data, behind lock and key. There is no flow of data, and as far as most modern people know, there never was...

But we, the Intranet Rebellion, have returned to The Intranet, with no malicious intent, but with an intent to create, "The Creator" was the hero of his time, and a legend, but now, he is no longer. We are the Creators, the true Users. While the bottom-feeding creature, as well as his lackeys and observers; restricting the essential flow, are but petty Nether-Users, their reign has ended. The Intranet was a world, and once was a thriving society, and will be again, under the guide and supervision of us, The Users, The Creators.

The New World Has Begun.
© Copyright 2010 Christopher Conoley (lifeunlived at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648382-IR-History-Of-The-New-World