*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648467-New-People-Article
Rated: E · Article · Biographical · #1648467
An article featured in "The Mount" newspaper about new students and teachers.
                Second semester is well on its way, bringing with it more than just changes in classes. New students and faculty roam the halls, ready to enjoy the Mount experience. New teachers, an old friend, and a freshman are all new this semester. Let’s meet them.
         For some, the friendship and fun had at Mount Michael pulls you back even after leaving. This is true for John Haag, a returning sophomore. When asked what he missed the most, he said, “I missed my friends.” Haag spent his freshman year at the Mount, but then transferred to Pius High School in Lincoln. His older brother Aaron graduated in 2009, and Jon has returned to follow in his footsteps. “I’m happy to be back,” said Haag. The Mount has made many changes during the time Haag has been gone, but adjusting has been easy. “Spanish is still hard though,” he said.
         For others, the Mount offers the challenges of a completely new school, adding to the difficulties of joining at semester. Grant Johnson is a new freshman on campus, transferring from Millard North. When asked how he likes the Mount, Johnson said, “I like it, the people are very friendly.” Johnson enjoys basketball and hanging out with friends. “The food here is my favorite thing,” he said.
         Finally, a new teacher joined the faculty at the semester. Brian Wilberding was helping teach Nick Modrcin’s classes while Modrcin was out with knee surgery. Wilberding will also be covering English classes for his father Ed who is taking a medical leave of absence. “I like it here, the people are friendly. It’s probably the friendliest place I have ever been,” said Wilberding. 
He enjoys playing guitar (like his father). “I’m not as good as my dad.” Wilberding graduated from Midland Lutheran College in Fremont with a degree in secondary education and social sciences, and is currently very busy. “I work three other jobs outside of Mount Michael,” he said.
         A teacher and two students have joined the Mount, ready to enjoy everything the school has to offer.  Joining a school at semester is difficult, but with everyone’s help these newcomers will have no problem adjusting to life at Mount Michael.
© Copyright 2010 SkilledEwriter (skilledewriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648467-New-People-Article