*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648657-Random-Thoughts
Rated: E · Short Story · Philosophy · #1648657
We all have something that continually appears new to us.
PART 1

I have read it a thousand times or more.  Every read brings me to a new plain of enlightenment; like the words somehow mean something new each time.  Is it my worldview that changes or am I so shallow as to change who I am upon each encounter.  This cannot be so, as I seem such a complex fellow, bathed in the philosophy of life at its core.  So, what then?  Do I change its meaning?  Am I contemptably arrogant enough to bellow my true understanding at each passing?  Have I given thought to keeping myself exegetically hypercritical of the basis in which this is written?

Well, whatever the case, I develop my conclusions differently at each impass.  I am cultivating new explanations each time I come to these crossroads.  This must be a growth statement which has clung to me the better part of my life.  It grows with me every new day and alters its own meaning adjusting itself to who I have become.  I guess I will never really know at which point I have completely understood the phrase, 'Pimpin' ain't easy'.

*********

PART 2

Sanity is a picture hung on the wall of my mind.  It seems in a drunken stupor, whoever is at the wheel has colored glasses, a Hitler mustache complete with blacked out teeth and devil horns.  It is now and forever ruined because it was in permanent ink.

*********

PART 3

No one else is you.  When you ask advise, always take it at what it really is, insight into a situation from an outsider’s perspective.  It is not always the right answer and for the most part, you already drew your own conclusions of the matter in the first place.  Because there has never been anyone like you, you have a unique obligation to make your own decisions.  This is good and bad.  No one has ever been in the exact situation you are in right now, and if they tell you that, they’re lying.  No two scenarios ever play out exactly the same.  That’s why people who go to school to be statisticians have jobs.

*********

PART 4

Air traffic control has gone down due to a cloudy disposition. The plane is almost out of fuel, but there seems to be a field of antics on the horizon.

*********

PART 5

When hummus goes bad, it starts hanging out with the wrong crowd.  Its steals a black leather jacket and spray paints 'salsa sucks' on the side of a building at three o' clock in the morning.

*********

Mozzarella String Cheese

The sorcery that is the mozzarella cheese string still perplexes me.  How is it that something that isn't changing its chemical makeup taste disgusting when you don't pull it apart?

*********

BOOK TO MOVIE RANT

Andy dislikes pretentious little bastards who think the book version is always better than the movie version because it has more stuff in it that the movie leaves out. Well I don't read books to bias my opinion of the movie.

*********

UPON TURNING THIRTY

Standing on the edge of mortality, peering into the face of reality. She's a cruel mistress caring nothing for those she leaves in her destructive path. I look deep into her eyes, pull that succubus closer to me and ask, 'Wanna make out?'.

*********

LITERATURE

Literature will always be an evaluation of where we have travelled as a people. Within the halls of history we are able to view in depth the voice of individuals through seamless writing. Through this we gain knowledge ever so biasly gaining wisdom and flooding our minds with a past that should change us to be better and more vehemently equipped to face new challenges while rising above the old ones. I've said all that to say this, Please stop making vampire books.

*********

ON SPORTS INJURIES AND THE REFUSAL OF PAINKILLERS

Just because one part of my brain continues to act in stupidity, that doesn’t mean the rest of my brain has to suffer through a foggy haze of incoherence.

*********

BEING AWESOME

I don't believe in the underdog scenario.  I believe in being awesome, because when you're awesome, the sky's the limit.
© Copyright 2010 Andrew_Chilton (litaddsup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1648657-Random-Thoughts