*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1649350-Adventure-as-an-Anthro-Otter
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Action/Adventure · #1649350
I had a very strange dream when I was 14. The title should say it all.
I had a very peculiar dream when I was fourteen years of age. I don't think everyone has had the chance to experience something like what I went through. I remember it so well that after three or four years that I have enough information on that dream to write about it.

The dream took place in the middle of a somewhat dense forest. The time of day was the middle of the night, with the sky being mysteriously purple and the moon fully visible. It seems that every time I dream as an animal, I always wake up on the ground. I opened my eyes and immediately, I sensed that something was wrong; something with my body. The fact that the wind was blowing convinced me so. My body was warmer than it should be in fairly strong winds. Also my body felt a little...funny.

I picked myself up and that's when I discovered the truth. It wasn't shocking, nor was it frightening; it was just very weird. I looked down and discovered that I had brown fur all over my body. I could see my snout, which was kind of neat. I felt the whiskers on my face and found my tail, which was the conclusive evidence I needed to prove my suspicions. Interesting thing was that I was not wearing my own clothes, not that they would fit me anyway because of my body shape. Instead, I was wearing a green garment similar to a pair of shorts, or a skirt. I wasn't wearing any upper clothing, however.

I looked around at the forest I was in, but it didn't take me long to discover something else in the forest with me. A wide open space, with a pyramid on top, gained my full attention. There was a staircase leading upwards to a door that I couldn't quite out from my distance. I decided to take a closer look. I walked towards the pyramid, and once I did, I climbed the staircase and discovered that the double doors I had originally suspected to be made of wood, were in fact, made of stone. I was curious as to what was inside the pyramid, so I forced the double doors open, which took a bit of effort, and went inside. Inside was dark, but not quite dark enough to be difficult to move around. In fact, I could see everything quite clearly.

I walked down the very long staircase until I stopped at a room with a conspicuous metal dish, burning a strange, blue flame. The flame seemed to waver from side to side while traveling upwards more slowly than fire. The room I was in was filled end to end with passageways. For a moment, I thought I saw something flash by the far end of the passage on the right, but that could have been my imagination. I decided to take the passage on the right, but stopped at another staircase. I walked up the staircase and continued on. Little did I know about the trap door that was on the floor. I fell through the trap door and for some reason, floated down about fifty feet to the floor.

Now, I was in a small, flask-shaped room with a very long and narrow passageway. I walked down the passage, hearing a few odd and even ghostly noises. Eventually, I came to a room with more passageways. There was a dent in the ground near the center left. Once I came near the dent, I heard some very familiar noises. They were exactly the same as from a video game I know. Immediately after, more than a dozen, very colorful, serpent-like creatures came out of the shadows and approached me. They were about to pin me against the wall when one of them spat a lightning bolt at me. I dodged it, but I couldn't escape the rest of the serpents. When all seemed lost, several creatures came rushing through the side passage to the right. They were a hare, a badger, and two mice, each carrying a weapon. All but one mouse began to fight the serpents, while the other mouse escorted me out of the building. He told me,

"You should be more careful in a place like this...what's your name?"

I was about to answer him when the dream ended.
© Copyright 2010 Eccentric Squirrel (mouseoflogic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1649350-Adventure-as-an-Anthro-Otter