*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1649597-She-Ran
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1649597
She ran, all she could do was run. Her sides hurt, but she had to push on.
She ran. All she could do was run. Her high heels clacked on the sidewalk like horses on the street in a parade. Her sides ached as if she'd just been in a fight, her throat burned like the ovens of a five star resturant. A $200 hair style was ruined as curled copper red hair flew behind her like hero's cape.
Seaside blue eyes fell on a sign outside of a rather elegant store. Triangular and red with bold white letters that were easy to read 'Going Out of Business Sale! 50% Off! Between the hours of 10:00 AM-12:00 PM Only!'
She quickly pulled herself together as the store's bell chimed like a long forgotten melody. She forced her breathing to be even, wiped the sweat from her brow, and ran her fingers through her silky hair before anyone inside the building noticed her.
© Copyright 2010 declinetosay (the6thofthe10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1649597-She-Ran