*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650034-Crescendo-of-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Teen · #1650034
Wonderfully random thoughts of mine while I listen to music. :P
Music blares shrouding our minds in lyrics. All thoughts are pushed away as our ears are overfilled with drums, guitars, bases, and voices all trying to top the other.

But who needs these things called thoughts?

Everywhere harsh lights fill our vision as images swirl past. Garish actors, actresses, people, animals they parade past in endless motion. All part of the never endingly clichéd programs. Imagination is thrust back as our vision is reshaped with each passing scene.

But imagination is only useful to the young right?

Running in endless circles. Trapped, mice in a cage. Everywhere our path is barred by cars, streets, cities, buildings. Any foreign species is eliminated and become uncouthly imitated. Metal, concrete, and plastic now replace life and blood.

But we don't need those other life forces.

Everywhere reality is twisted and bended. Fragments fling every which way, rain down on the populace. Where once everything seemed so clear it is now a cracked mirror. Ominous clouds flood the sky as Earth becomes a wick in the dynamite of the people.

But we won't think of it longer reality is just an illusion.

And yet beneath all of this is a rhythm. An omnipresent beat that pervades everything. Listen closely now and you too can hear the melody. Simply fight, break through your cocoon and join the dance floor of the stars. Their dance is as short as time and as old as the universe. Here in this place where truth is so enticingly close the music hypnotizes, it beguiles the senses, and frees your mind.

But few choose to listen they are too busy staring at their image in the spoon to heed all else.
© Copyright 2010 Serendipity (dreamsurfer23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650034-Crescendo-of-Life