*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650151-Mice-and-Tombs
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Action/Adventure · #1650151
My subconscious mind wants me to go through a highly unusual body change.
This is another dream I had during my early-mid teen years. It took place in my primary school (that's what England calls its elementary schools). Why I was here of all places, I didn't know, but I wasn't going to be here for long. The class I was in was going on a field trip to see some strange landmarks. I was clearly too old to be part of this class, but I decided to tag along anyway. What I didn't expect was the stitch in time that occurred next.

I saw a flash of white light, and immediately after it finished, I found myself in a completely different environment. The time of day wasn't day at all; it was the middle of the night. The sky was purple, which I find often in strange dreams. The moon was full, which was another indicator of a unique dream. I was on a hill, with a road that led to a highly unusual building. The atmosphere, although peculiar, was very peaceful. No wind, rain, or anything.

The building in question looked to be made of either bricks or clay, but I couldn't tell the difference. Nevertheless, I walked up the path out of curiosity. There was an opening in the wall, right in front of the path. I had almost made it inside when suddenly, an explosion knocked me into the building. I wasn't hurt, but the opening in the wall closed by raising the missing part of the wall.

Here is when things got weird. I tried to pick myself up, but out of nowhere, somewhere above my location, a pulse of energy hit me. It was colored red and it knocked me to the ground again. Soon after, my body began to glow white until I couldn't see anything other than the light.

The glowing stopped after a few moments. It took me a minute to pick my self up again, but before I did, I noticed something strange about my body. I didn't quite feel like myself. I discovered the truth when I looked down. I was wearing different clothes, but still, they were ones I saw before. What I noticed first was a piece of clothing similar to a gown, which was a cross between red and brown. My sleeves were sky blue and I was wearing a cream-colored headscarf. I noticed that my feet had changed shape; they were no longer human. I could just see my snout. I also had light brown fur. When I looked behind to see my tail, I knew that I had become a mouse. But it was when I spoke that made things very interesting. I had a girl's voice, which to some people is funny because they have a twisted interpretation of what's its like to have a gender change like this.

It took me a few minutes to get used to my new self, but once I did, I had some fun with my voice. I began talking to myself. Just random things. Then I began to talk seriously. Once I had finished, my attention shifted to the inside of the building. Surprisingly, there was no ceiling. I was about to walk to the passage on the right when suddenly a figure began to charge at me from a distance. A few seconds later and I discovered that it was another mouse, holding a sword. He was wearing a red shirt with a green collar and green sleeves. He shouted some kind of battle cry while charging at me. I moved out of the way, but the figure vanished before my eyes before he could strike.

This left me wondering about what type of building this was. I was either imagining things, or that was a ghost. My eyes do not deceive me to that extent. So I could only assume, it was a ghost. What was odd was that the ghost was someone I recognize. I decided to walk further inside. After a while, I realized why this building was constructed the way it was. It was obviously a maze. During the time I was exploring, the ghost mouse appeared out of nowhere and tried to swing his sword at me. He swung once and then disappeared. I continued on, wondering if I would see him again.

When I finally reached the center, I noticed something. A sarcophagus of sorts was at the right of the room, surrounded by flowers. I read the epitaph and it says that it was the burial site of a famous warrior. The ghost appeared again. I was about to step back and leave when the ghost asked me what was wrong. I told him that I was lost and couldn't find my way out. I didn't know why there was a sudden change in him, but I wanted to get out of here.

He took me around the maze to the exit. Meanwhile I asked him why he tried to attack me. He replied by saying that he wanted to keep grave robbers away. I told him that I had no interest in that. When he showed me the exit, I left, waving at him. He waved back and vanished.

The dream ended as I was walking down the path.
© Copyright 2010 Eccentric Squirrel (mouseoflogic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650151-Mice-and-Tombs