*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650598-Chapter-One-LissieAlex
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tally
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Young Adult · #1650598
Just read to find out. It should be good.
It was always like this, thought after thought. Never ending.
I opened my eyes slowly. It was too hot in my room.
"Stupid fan." I said aloud, sitting up.
"Lissie!" Kayla grinned, running into my room jumping up on my bed.
I laughed and kissed her nose.
"What's up baby girl?"
"Nothing. Mom wants you downstairs."
I sighed, standing up on the cold hard wood floor.
"Yes ma'am." I laughed.
She was so cute. She was only six years old, and my adopted sister.
I walked downstairs going into the kitchen.
"What mom?" I asked.
"Alex...it's a new day at school...get ready...darling."
I growled slightly at the name she used. My name was Alex...now it's Lissie.
You see, I wanted to start out new. Move past my old life, no matter how hard that would be.
You see, I am a transgender kid. Yeah, I used to be a guy. Now, well Lissie is a girl.
Mom was really upset when she found out my decision. But she's made a few friends who have transgender kids themselves. So she has support.
Me...I really don't. You see, the three she is friends with their 'daughters' all turned into guys. They think I'm crazy for wanting to be a girl.
Truthfully, I never felt like being a guy was right for me. It never fit my personality.
Plus, it wasn't like it was a decision that wasn't planned. I had thought about it since I was twelve. I'm now seventeen years old. I did it when I was sixteen. So it's been a year. And so far, since we moved, only my family and my closest friends, Jenna and Carla know.
They support me 100%. Which is good, because I don't think a lot of people would. Probably too scared about what other people would think if they supported anybody but straight people.
Carla, I know definately understands. She's full out lesbian.
Jenna...well she's bi. I've always thought those  two should go out. They do live close to eachother.
I finished eating my captain crunch cereal then went back to my room to get dressed.
I finished getting dressed, brushed my hair, grabbed my bag then went outside, waiting for the bus.
You know how a person feels when it's a new day at a new school? Well mine was ten times worse.
What if people found out...without me telling them? What if I told someone who later told the whole school?
I jumped, feeling something tap on my shoulder.
"Chill out girl." She laughed. Her laugh was beautiful. But I couldn't tell her that...
"What do you mean?" I asked, looking down.
"As in stop stressing. First day? It's all chill at this school. No one judges. Anyone."
I blinked, and she laughed again.
"My names Jessica. 12th grader. 2nd year. Bisexual. And you are?"
I looked at her, smiling slightly.
"Lissie. 11th grade. 1st year."
"You have a secret. Come on what is it? I won't tell. Promise."
I sighed, looking around. We were the only ones there. "My real names Alex Carter Jaymes. I'm transgender. My new name is Lissie Marie Jaymes."
"Oh cool. A trans girl." She grinned. "So you into girls, guys or both?"
"Both actually."
"Cool beans."
I smiled, as the bus pulled up.
"Mind if I sit with you?" I asked Jessica.
"Not at all girly." She grinned and scooted over so I could sit with her.

***

It's been three days. Thankfully Jess kept her promise about not telling anyone. Luckily, I found out she didn't have a girlfriend...or boyfriend, and that she was looking.
Maybe if I gave it time....we were already practically inseppearable.
I was definately starting to fall for her. But would she be willing to catch me?

***

Fast-forwarding a week...got an invitation to Jessica's 19th birthday. On Wednesday. Crap. Could I go? Or should I ask Should I go?
It said on the invite she'd really appreciate it if I went.
I smiled brightly. It's then or never to tell her I like her.
© Copyright 2010 Tally (talisha_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650598-Chapter-One-LissieAlex