*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650645-Musings-of-an-Individual
Rated: E · Monologue · Biographical · #1650645
The ramblings of a 19 year old.
I guess the most difficult thing to do, for any writer, is getting started. Wait, that's not it. It's the middle, after the initial explosion of flowing thoughts, ideas, dreams, hopes, fears, love, and drama. When the main outline is done, when all is figured out, when the last page is finished, so to speak. After that hopeful spark of the imagination, it becomes drudgery, hard to follow, misguided, and possibly even lost. The keys before my eyes in my beloved laptop have become tired, the back space key the most used of all, as I constantly rewrite what I had written, only to erase the entire thing and begin again. Trying to figure out how to get from point A to point B is difficult, as you, as the author, knows that both points A and B exist, the journey is long, treacherous, and difficult. And that is where I fail, every time. I have only finished one story in my short career, not published here, and even then, I was deeply unsatisfied with the results.

Coming from a family of authors is a daunting task. My grandmother is a published author of moderate prestige, at least in her field of non-fiction, and my parents had complied a movie together, and my mother hopes to become a published author herself. Following in their dedicated footsteps is hard. I have so many story ideas in my head, it's just difficult getting them down. For example, I have rewritten three different books multiple times each, and have never been satisfied with the results. Which is really why I started this account. As you'll notice, I have put nothing down since beginning. I vow to change that. Today. Now. As soon as I hit the button. I will begin my novels. All three of them. At the same time. Please stick with the stories, and I beg you to critique them. They may not be J.R.R. Tolkein, Tamora Pierce, C.S. Lewis, or J.K. Rowling, but they're mine. And I hope that you like them. Thank you.

JackAlice.
© Copyright 2010 RogueJackAlice (roguejackalice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650645-Musings-of-an-Individual