*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650684-So-Not-Normal
Rated: E · Fiction · Environment · #1650684
Fia knows something is up with the earth.... things arent as normal.
So Not Normal





         There are some things in this world that we can’t explain, things that only the supernatural knows. They all keep it a secret and when we ask what exactly they mean by it, they don’t tell. They probably never will tell us. So here we are on the planet Earth wondering what they are. Are there other people out there? People who don’t live on this Earth? Maybe there are, but scientists and people don’t want to tell us. They have to have some secrets. Everyone has a secret. People ask you why something happens and you say, “Well I don’t know.” You can’t explain it, but it did happen, whatever it was. The world is not normal. There for, people who are living in it are not normal. There for, things that we have and things that we do are not normal. In this life, there is no such thing as normal.























Prologue







         Every other person might think that this world that we live in is pretty normal and that it’s going to live on forever. Everyone, that is, other than Fia. Fia was the different one of her world. She knew that this world in which she lived was very different and that she matched because she was different as well. They were sole mates, Fia and the Earth. Fia knew that her bright red hair was different and that the gold, white streaks in it weren’t normal. Her eyes, in which people often became lost, weren’t a very common color of green either. For these reasons, she was avoided in all aspects. Her appearance is what people were scared of, not her attitude or her questions that she constantly asked. Of course, there were other people with different appearances, too. She’d seen a girl with light purple hair and it was not died. Things had been very strange on the planet for the last century, not that Fia would know, because she was only sixteen years old.

         She was not completely avoided by all people, though. Friends were a hard find for Fia on her own, but she’d had one that friendship was natural with. Galtem and Fia were friends since birth. He was basically her only friend. Every time she’d get close to someone they would avoid her after a few days and she was okay with that, because honestly she preferred to be alone. She kept to herself most of the time. Fia was quiet, but asked her professors many question. They were all glad to answer them, too.

         Her classes were all petty boring, other than Geology. She could listen to facts about the Earth twenty-four hours a day. For some reason, she felt like she understood the Earth and some of the things that people couldn’t understand about it. Like the Earth had feelings, she would always think. The way Fia saw it, global warming was caused because the Earth was angry at the living things that called Earth home. We’ve sent smoke in the air and littered the Earth. If Fia had things living on her that weren’t treating her right, she’d overload and become all hot, too. Fia knew the day was coming when Earth would not put up with it, but she never dreamt it would be in her lifetime.























One





         It was finally dark outside. The night came later and later everyday, but the morning would come at the same time it always had. People were just starting to notice, even though Fia had figured this out a month ago. She was very aware of her surroundings and the Earth’s changes. Fia desired to become a scientist of some sort, but the family she was born into had bigger plans for her future. They would never allow it.

         Being the Queen’s daughter was a very large burden for Fia to carry. She wasn’t completely sure she wanted this, but she was stuck with it for life. Fia never really saw her mother except for when she had lessons on being proper and how to get what you wanted from certain people according to their age, amount of wealth, and characteristics of that sort. Her mother was always busy with running her country- Narrem. Queen Estella and Narrem were sole mates, just as Fia and the Earth were. The only difference was that Fia didn’t rule the Earth like her mother ruled Narrem. Fia was glad for this difference, for she did not desire to be a ruler of any sort. Holding down the will of something or someone was inhumane in Fia’s mind.

         A knock on her door startled her as she sat on her bed, looking out at the dark, stormy sky. Her mood was dismal like the weather, which was pretty normal for Fia.

         “Yes?” she asked calmly. She heard the door open before the person answered.

         “It’s just me,” Galtem responded. He came in and jumped on the huge, fluffy bed next to Fia. The room was very quiet, the only sound being the thunderstorm that took place outside. Fia liked the quiet, one of the only upsides to living in a huge castle.

         “Sorry, I know you told me to come earlier, but my father had a dinner that he insist I come to. I couldn’t get away from it,” Galtem said with much annoyance in his voice. Fia turned to look at him, lying there on her bed with his hands behind his head, staring up at the stone ceiling of her bedroom.

         Most people may think it’s bad for a sixteen-year-old girl to have a boy in her bedroom without other people around, but this was not bad in any way. Fia and Galtem had been friends since birth, seeing as to how his father and her mother were both rulers of a country. It was very important for countries to have good relations so there would be no war or hate. Their families were very close.

         Her mother may disapprove of him coming at night to see her, but Estella would never know. Galtem was always careful to be quiet and draw no attention to himself while roaming the castle. Everyone was used to seeing him in Estella’s castle, seeing as to how Fia and Galtem spent almost all of their time together. Relationships such as that between two royalties of different countries were terrible, unless planned.

         Planned, mostly meaning to join the two countries together to make one that was unstoppable. It wasn’t very common unless the royal families of the two countries were very close. Fia knew early in life that situation was very possible for her family and Galtem’s. In which case, she and Galtem would be married. It would be a strange thing though, being married to her best friend. Not impossible, but really quite different.

         “Oh it’s fine,” Fia responded quietly. “I didn’t really need anything. I just thought I’d tell you that it might rain tomorrow morning, so there’s no need for you to come over because you’d just get all wet.” Galtem stared at her for a second, as if he’d never appreciated her more. His eyes shifted over to the window, where the rain was killing the ground and everything in between the two, then busted out laughing. Fia couldn’t help but join in.

         “Of course you knew this would happen,” Galtem said, rolling his electric blue eyes. “You couldn’t have at least warned me some how?”

         “How could I have warned you? It started when you were supposed to already be here. Maybe you shouldn’t have been late,” Fia teased him. She stood up and walked over to the large window that overlooked her mother’s garden. It didn’t seem as though the rain would cease soon enough for Galtem to make it home without becoming drenched.

         Galtem snorted sarcastically. “My dearest apologies Princess Moody. I promise, my precious love, that I will never trouble you with my late presence again.” He stood beside her, looking out at the late-night storm. “Well, do you think it will clear anytime soon? I won’t be able to sneak back in if I’m soaking wet in my good clothes.” Galtem gestured to his new leather vest.

         “No, I don’t think it will ease anytime soon. Mother Earth has been acting strange lately, though. I was certain that it would be warm this morning, but the air actually had quite a chill to it. I really don’t have a clue…” Fia trailed off in a mumble. Her wild green eyes were staring up at the sky, as if the answers to her thoughts would come with the rain.

















































Two







         The next morning, Fia woke up to a beam of bright sunlight shining in through her window. It was humid outside, but the sun was yelling down to the people that walked beneath it. She was eager to go outside, considering how dismal the weather had been lately. She knew she should take advantage of this while she had the chance. Fia quickly picked out a light green dress, matching her mood and eyes, and put it on. She was in the middle of braiding her hair so that it would keep off of her neck and face when it became frizzy from the humidity, when there was a light knock on her door.

         “Yes?” she asked, not looking up from her mirror.

         “Madam?” her maid, Charity, asked quietly. Fia looked at the door, where Charity stood with a piece of paper in her hand.

         “Yes, Charity?”

         She made her way across the room and laid the paper down on Fia’s night stand. “A note for you, ma’am.” She stood, waiting to be dismissed.

         

Dearest Fia,

         It turns out that the weather today is quite delightful, unlike your predictions yesterday. I’ve made no plans, for I feared it would be dreadful weather. I assume that you’ve done the same. I would be delighted if you would join me in a stroll around town, for it is too lovely a day to sit inside alone and a beauty like you should not be out alone. Please be ready to leave your castle at 12:00 PM. Send a letter if you decline my offer, otherwise I will assume that you have accepted.

Always Yours,

Galtem.



         “Charity, do I have anything planned for this afternoon?” Fia asked, giving her the note back.

         “No, madam you do not,” she answered, shaking her head. “Would you like me to dispose of this letter?” she asked.

         “Yes, and tell my mother that I will be out on the town with Lord Galtem this afternoon and that I will be leaving in thirty minutes. You are dismissed,” Fia said, waving her hand in dismissal. Charity gave a small nod and left without another word.

         Fia finished getting ready and made her way through the castle to the white, marble steps outside the main entrance. She waited there for Galtem.

         It only took about five minutes before Galtem arrived in his elaborate, white carriage. He greeted one of the workers at the castle and then made his way over to Fia. Galtem had the warmest smile that Fia had ever seen. It was one filled with pearl white teeth and topped with dimples on each side. Fia automatically returned the gentle grin without thinking.

         “Why good afternoon my lovely, laughing, lady. Shall we get to going?” he playfully asked, taking her right hand and giving it a small kiss.

         “Why yes, my friendly, fetching, fellow,” said Fia, giggling.

         “Fetching?” he asked, “Is that the best you could do, my love?”

         “I’m sorry to fail you, my lord,” she retorted. He gave another dazzling smile before holding his arm out for Fia to take. She took it gladly, and they were off.

         Galtem was dressed very casual, like Fia. He had on a white, thin, long-sleeve shirt. It made his skin look very tan. As soon as they got away from town, he unbuttoned it down to the third button. Fia didn’t mind because they were such close friends, and obviously Galtem didn’t either. He was a very handsome man and Fia knew that if she hadn’t known him since they were children, she would probably fall in love with him.

         “So, where are we going?” Fia asked Galtem, looking out at the field of flowers that surrounded them. They were no longer on a road, but headed towards hills and hills as far as the eye could see. They were all covered in pink and yellow flowers, as if there were no ground, like they were floating on light pink and bright yellow clouds, high in the sky.

         He looked over to Fia and stared intently into her green eyes before answering, “We are having a picnic.” He gave her a small, gentle smile before halting his horses and helping Fia out of the high carriage.

         They walked a little ways into the flowers and tried to find a spot that wasn’t buzzing with bees.

© Copyright 2010 Tara Times (cullencrazay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650684-So-Not-Normal