*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650960-Traitor
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Other · #1650960
About a friend betraying another on massive proportions.
"Just leave," I said slowly, choosing my words carefully without blowing. Madison looked at me sadly.

"No," she stated bravely. "Not until you understand." I sighed and got up from my seat. I began to walk out of the room. "No! Please wait!" I turned around and saw Madison looking at me, giving me puppy-dog eyes.

"What more is there to say? After what you did . . . I just can't believe you helped Lee. Of all people-"

"I didn't help him! This is where you're mistaken! I just-"

"Just what?" I demanded, getting into her face. "Don't say got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time! Because that's NOT what happened! Even I'M not that stupid! Why did you help him, if not just plan this whole thing yourself?" Madison stood there, speechless. "That's what I thought." I began to leave again.

"It's not my fault!" Madison pleaded. I stopped, but didn't face her.

"HA! It's not your fault, is it? HA! You really think I'm that dumb? You got Lee in here, gave him the knife, told him where Noah was . . .!" I swallowed. Was I really ready for this?

"I . . . Lee . . . I didn't . . ."

"YOU HELPED HIM KILL MY BROTHER! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" I yelled and ran towards her. I pulled out my samurai sword and held it to her neck. "Tell me, Madi. Why shouldn't I kill you? Right here, right now. Why should I keep you alive?" Madison gulped and glanced at the sword nervously. "Please, I'm curious," I said slyly, feeling at last in control.

"You're my friend. My only friend. You know you don't want to do this. You won't be able to live with yourself." She almost spoke confidently, but the voice shaking kind of defeated it.

"Nameru ja nai!" I yelled in Japanese, (Don't underestimate me!), pressing the blade against her neck so a drop or two of blood trickled out. "I killed Max just fine! And Sofia, and Sydney, Lauren, Hannah-"

"That doesn't count. You barely knew them. We've been friends since we were born. You couldn't . . . You wouldn't . . . You won't . . ." Madison said, reasuring herself, but sounding less sure with each word she spoke. I laughed coldly. I'd never felt so evil.

I caressed the hilt of my beautiful weapon. It was the only thing my brother had given me. He said anything else was a "want." He said a weapon was a "need." He told me I'd never need anything else. He did love me, no matter how strict he was sometimes. Since Father died and Mother was taken, he had been a rolemodel for me. And Madison and Lee had killed him. He was gone. And I could simply slice Madison's head off right now to teach her who she doesn't mess with.

Apparently I was showing my thoughts in my eyes because Madison whimpered, "You can't . . . You won't . . . But we're friends . . ."

Such an important decision. I was leaving it to love. Noah said humans are their worst weaknesses. He tried to teach me to be self-less, soul-less. I'd never been good at that.

I sighed and put my sword back in the sheath. Madison closed her eyes and let out a huge gasp of breath. She put her hands together and bowed. I didn't return the kind gesture.

"You won't leave my side, you won't talk until spoken to, and you will answer any questions I have." Madison nodded.

"Thank you," she said, bowing again.

"Yeah. Whatever," I replied. We left the house, with Madison being pushed out of the door.
© Copyright 2010 AbigailF (dogwoodgirl153 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1650960-Traitor