*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651143-The-Night-of-the-Vampire
Rated: E · Chapter · Detective · #1651143
First chapter.

Chapter One

Carlie

The phone rang. Once.. Twice.. Three times before Jamie finally answered.
"Hey.", he greeted.

"What 'ya up to?"

"Nothing much , just getting into trouble."

Joking around was Jamie's favorite hobbie. Although he could 'see' into peoples mind, he prefered not to.

In the Grayling, Michigan coven, there was 13 girls and 27 boys. Even though vampires prefered the sunlight, unlike most myths that we scorch in it, we stick to more clouded areas.

Out of the 40 members, 12 are of those who have been Blooded*. My mother was one. She said that she would never, in her 300 years, put someone through that much pain, for immortality, and the impossable thirst for blood.

"So. You want to go hunt tonight? Or are you still preoccupied?" he asked.

"The same as usual." I replied gloomily.

Most vampires have a free range, some of us volunteer our time as scouts, who look out for wild animals, or curious humans.

"Oh, I thought that the one night that I wasn't scouting you'd be off."

"Yeah, I wish I wish that I was." I said, with the satisfaction that Jamie wasn't mad with me.

"Me, too." he replied with the same glumful tone. Jamie had been acting different lately, ever since Pheobe dissapeared.

Pheobe was (and I say was because no one knows if she's still alive) Jamie's 9 year old sister. She left when the Deismonds of the Artic attacked. What they did was inexcusable, and by the law of the vamprism code, can only be settled by an exclusive war.

Though no one wanted to make the first move, both sides were prepared for the worst of all possible attacks. By the time Pheobe had fled, we all knew what was to come upon us.

Phoebe was another very gifted vampire, but not as gifted as her brother. Her talent was that she could see the future, but only dimly. My talent was that I could tell if I was being lied to. Like, if Jamie said that he was busy, I would know if he was lying.

Vampires stop growing when they mature anough to be 'full vampires'. When you are a full vampire, you are able to Blood humans, and you are honorable to all other vampires.

"So, if I could take tonight off, what would we do?"

"Probably go out to the lake and catch up on ald times."

"I really miss hanging out with you, Jamie."

"Me, too."

That's when the phone line died. I knew Jamie better than to hang up on me. That really got me wondering.

Can this boy really like me like like like me??

For all I knew, he was just mad at me because I couldn't go to the lake with him, but that was one of the most fatal mistakes of my life.
© Copyright 2010 Jane Walker (megofego at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651143-The-Night-of-the-Vampire