*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651497-Torn
Rated: 13+ · Other · Detective · #1651497
A man is torn between following orders, and sending his only son to prison....more to come
They say that when faced with an impossible decision, your heart will lead the way. Sometimes you heart wants to lead two ways, like two dogs pulling on a rope but neither side gives. Do I follow my oath and uphold the law or do I send my only son to prison. But no one ever tells you about option C. It was three days ago that I found out about my son's secret life. Three days ago that I made the decision, I was going to keep my son out of prison, I was going to bend, not break, but bend the rules in order to keep the investigation from reaching my son. I had to control it from the inside, without letting anyone know, not even my son.
Morning were always brutal, but today was worse. Michelle always asked me about my cases, and I always told her what I could. Of course, I couldn't tell her that her son was the leader of the newest drug cartel in the city. Lie my head says, tell her my heart says, torn between two worlds like the favorite toy of two siblings. You can't go one way with out pissing off the other. But, I couldn't just put it off she would only push harder, I had to give her something...but what? "Well, it's just another normal investigation" I could barely get the words out before she was pressing on. "What are you investigating now?" She gave me that look through the bathroom mirror, That look that says "you can tell me anything", Michelle was the best at squeezing out information, she should have been a lawyer, "Just another drug case, you know like the one I had a few years back" I had to get off topic immediately but she wasn't going to take the bait. She was the smart fish, a little to smart if you ask me. "I remember, but..." I was barely able to hold back a sigh of releif as she was cut off by the all too familiar car horn of my partner, thank you Nick "I have to go" I said almost intsantly, as I ran to kiss her. "Be home for dinner." She says giving me another look through the mirror, only this one says "im not done with you yet". God I dreaded the awkward conversation that was going to come with dinner. It was a windy morning, a cold front was moving in form the east and a thin layer of frost covered the ground. Today was going to be the worst day of my life. Not only to I have to deal with the shitty weather, but I had to plan today. Walking down the porch stairs I was hit with a sudden realization, Nick.
Nick Jenson had been my partner and best friend for years. Getting something like this past him was going to take an act of god. Yeah, this was definitely going to be the worst day of my life. Everything has to go perfect or me and my son both get locked up. Unfortunately I had no idea how I was going to keep the investigation away from him. Nick was a good cop, he could catch things that I couldn't, so what in the hell was I going to do.Maybe he would understand, maybe if I told him he could help me. Stop there I told myself. Don't even think about it, I couldn't pull him into this.So what the hell was I going to do? I let out a long drawn out sigh as I opened the passenger door. Worst day ever........
© Copyright 2010 L'anima Perduta (perdono at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651497-Torn