*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651603-Life-The-Old-Woman
Rated: E · Monologue · Emotional · #1651603
Reflection on a younger time.
Life: The Old Woman.


"I have been broken hearted, in tears wondering how someone could walk away and knowingly putting anyone through such pain.  I have been hurt by the ones I had truly loved, feeling a horrible feeling of betrayal that had led me not to trust. But yet I, myself have broken hearts, watching as the one I claimed to have loved walked away. I hurt them, feeling ashamed and torn by the tears that streamed down their faces to the point that I could not bring myself to look into my own eyes, scared to see what I have become.

I cannot count the times I have cried over the years that I have spent here. I cannot begin count the mistakes I have made or the number of times I wish I had told them I loved them and said the things I should have before they were to far from me to hear instead of saying what I said. I cannot hope to imagine the joy of looking upon everything I have taken for granted once more. The ones I thought would be here forever but left me before I had time to say goodbye.

But I cherish every tear, because if it were not for sadness I would not appreciate happiness. If it were not for a broken heart, I would never have appreciated being loved. If it were not for pain, the joys of life would go unseen. If it were not for mistakes I would not have learned. Are the few moments of happiness worth so much pain?

Life has tested me and has taken its toll. I have come to understand that by living life is only way one will appreciate the paradise that is heaven. We go through pain until we are just about to break, then a moment of happiness only to be caused more pain by having that joy snatched away. It tares at my soul until I can no longer take it. If life was an eternal ordeal, the pain would never end, so I can understand now that death is a merciful act and with that, I'll gladly go.

I have hated, cried, hurt and mistreated.
I have loved, laughed, helped and forgiven.
I have made many mistakes, and I regret many of them.

I did not apologize, never realizing how meaningless my pride was. And now that everything is gone, now that there is no one, I realize that.

But life...... I have lived already. It is my time to go and I go willingly, clutching the happiest moments and memories deep inside of me praying that the ones I love can forgive me, and learned from all the wrongs I've done.  I am sorry. Hopefully I will find peace in knowing that you will have no regrets  in your experience of life and live everyday appreciating everything you have."


By: ZipporaH




© Copyright 2010 ZipporaH (zailiem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1651603-Life-The-Old-Woman