*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652159-The-American-Dream
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Experience · #1652159
How I came to live the American Dream
This morning, voices from the past have me writing about the American Dream in a way I’ve never seen written. By the way, I’m sharing the American Dream with a woman made for me, and that, in and of itself, is a wonder. Karen is my fourth wife.

Exactly how I came to live the American Dream is written in Joe Smith, the Original. I’ve been writing and rewriting the story of my life for the past seven years, and with each writing the picture becomes more involved with the mystery of life in connection with the universe.

As a young adult, I was extremely reserved. I envied people who expressed their joys and sorrows together. Having a wife to love and be loved back was the most important thing in my life, and yet something I couldn’t have. I didn’t know what was wrong with me.

I wanted in the worst way to be part of the crowd but I felt uncomfortable, out of place, and nervous around people. I lived a lonely, unhappy life. The change commenced, magically, when I went on the attack. I blamed government for my business failure, which caused my second marriage to fail. My connection with government was the hated IRS.

First, I went to a secondhand law book store and purchased for one dollar The “Higher Law” Background of American Constitutional Law, an essay written by Edward S. Corwin. Corwin gave me a two thousand year background of natural law thinking that led to “my” Constitution—as written, not as currently being practiced.

After reading Corwin’s essay, I went to the county law library to study the procedure of bringing the IRS to justice. While reading the procedure, I felt that voices of the past were speaking to me. I had a bigger than life calling. That was what got me out of the rut I was in. It put me on a search for my path of destiny. The American people think of path of destiny as a game, or tarrot card reading. What I mean was that I was no longer the lonely, unhappy misfit. My life had new meaning.

Although my life was shattered, I set out to build a new life with optimism because I had a cause, a reason to live. I had “my” Constitution—my inalienable, God-given right to life, liberty, and property. I was David out to kill the giant, Goliath, with my slingshot. In the end, the IRS ate crow on the front page ofThe Palm Beach Post. But far more than that, I was on my path of destiny. And, by the way, Hotshot48, I filled out all the forms and obeyed all the laws Congress passed. You will have to read Joe Smith, the Original to learn what you don't know now.

The truth is stranger than fiction. After the fact, for the past seven years I’ve been connecting the events of my life with my religious beliefs, and my understanding of the law, politics, and science—all in one inseparable mold: universal consciousness, the beginning of all that is. Before the American dream comes a prepared mind.

As a being of Power, Intelligence and Love, and the lord of his own thoughts, man holds the key to every situation, and contains within himself that transforming and regenerative agency by which may make himself what he wills. James Allen in As A Man Thinketh
© Copyright 2010 Joseph Whitworth Smith (jwsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652159-The-American-Dream