*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652243-Fateful-Explosions
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Teen · #1652243
Kylee has been forced here. With her father gone, nobody is on her side. Or are they?
I was sitting in the hollow chair, just waiting for Nikoli to walk in. What did he want with me? I felt the black eye one of his "followers" had given me. The pain was fading.

I heard an explosion nearby. I turned around but still only saw the blank green wall. Out the window was black smoke, but that was from earlier, not a second ago. The room began to get warmer from the new explosion. I heard another BOOM, this one farther. I really wished I hadn't been dragged into this.

The doorknob turned and a man's silhouette stepped into the room. It stepped closer and closer until a could see its face.

"Nikoli," I said curtly. He laughed at me and kicked the chair I was bound in.

"Rude words are from poor souls, Kylee," he teased, slapping my cheek softly. I spat on his face. He stood back a bit and wiped the saliva off his eye. I snickered a little. "You're a lucky girl Kylee . . ."

"Not with you here." He made a face that made him look like I slapped him.

"You should be thankful to be in my presence! Not many get a personal visit from me."

"Mostly because they die suspiciously," I interrupted.

"That's enough comments! I don't need your two cents!" That reminded me of Dad. He always used the "I don't need your two cents" expression. My Dad... Dad... he was gone...

"YOU KILLED HIM!" I yelled, conveniently followed by another explosion. "You killed my father. You soul-less, life-less, cold creature!"

Nikoli laughed.

"Thank you!" he replied cheerfully. I glared at him, wishing I could slep him. "You know, you should keep that black eye. It's a good look for you." I faught at the binds holding me to the chair. "Now now Kylee, we wouldn't want to make more trouble," Nikoli mused. I stopped fighting ruefully, knowing there was nothing I could do but listen to this imbecile.

"You may be wondering why you have been brought here, Kylee," Nikoli started as he began to pace around the room. "You are an important ingredient to my plan. Actually, you have been involved in the picture for a long time now. Without you," Nikoli gestured around him, "none of this would be possible."

"What? The rent from this dump or your followers?"

"Both. You may deny this, but you need me as much as I need you. You would be dead right now if it weren't for me, so if you'd like you may thank me." He stared at me for a moment, as if I would even thank him. "Very well, I see you like to be rude. Maybe killing another family member would make you act otherwise..."

"Sir?" a woman asked timidly as she pushed open the only door. Nikoli turned around.

"Yes, Abigail?" Nikoli held his hands together with annoying elegance.

"The Carpenters' are waiting for you downstairs, sir." Abigail was partially hiding behind the door as if trying to protect herself. I guessed everyone in close contact to Nikoli was scared of him, and I didn't blame them. He radiated power.

"Right, I almost forgot! But what shall I do with Kylee here...? Abigail, take her to the fifth floor in room seven."

Abigail shook. "Room seven, sir?" Nikoli nodded evilly.

"Yes Abigail. That is what I said, isn't it?" Abigail nodded.

"Yes sir. I'll take her sir." Nikoli clapped his hands together.

"Good! I will see you soon, Kylee," Nikoli said and began to exit.

Just before he was out the door I whispered, "I hope not." I saw fear flash in Abigail's eyes before I knew what was happening.

Nikoli rounded on me like a cobra and was next to me in an ammount of time that wasn't humanly possible. He grabbed my neck and forced my head up to look at him. I felt his breath on my face. Something was wrong with it... His breath shouldn't have been as cold as it was for a room as hot as it was. His breath should've been like fire on my face, but it was ice.

"I suggest you watch your mouth, Kylee." He prounced each sylable venomously, spitting at me. "I won't be nice for long."

And then he was gone, his trace not evident.

"Well," Abigail sighed, "I suggest you just come with me calmly. Let's not make more trouble than there has to be." Abigail took me out of my bounds and led me out of the room. There was a final BOOM, and then there was silence. 

© Copyright 2010 AbigailF (dogwoodgirl153 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652243-Fateful-Explosions