*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652612-The-agent-returns
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1652612
The Book of Agency: the text containing the basics of being an agent
"The agents walk through the shadows, never fear the light and always do what they must for real peace."
The Book of Agency Chapter 1

That was exactly what Edward was planning to do. He wanted to achieve that no agent have achieved before. He wanted to turn one of the Peace Keepers'. He had his new identity as the journalist of the Keeper. He was inside a base without having to kill anybody. And most importantly he was still alive.
He wanted to return to the base but he didn't want to use the same identity twice. In the age of the Global Earth People Database getting a new identity was terribly hard. Edward had to get an unscheduled space shuttle, a trustworthy captain and a hacked distress signal transreceiver. The Agency had everything for him but using the same tactics twice can be more dangerous than using the same fake identity twice. After several weeks of careful planning he returned to the base as one of the rarest kind on Earth: a prisoner.
But how could he get such a great position? He used the mistakes of the system. The World Charta states that every human who steals either from the Earth Union or a citizen of it should be fined or killed immediately. But it also states that if the robber is found after the fact of stealing is found out a full background check and interrogation sequence should be made in order to be sure about the guilt of the suspect.
There is no word for the luck of Edward. The appointed interrogation officer was the same peace keeper who gave him a second chance.
© Copyright 2010 Nathaniel Urian (nurian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652612-The-agent-returns