*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652720-Death-Bed-Confession
Rated: E · Other · Mystery · #1652720
Death is eminent, what would you confess?
What should I do? The question that have plagued me for years. I should tell someone, but who? My husband, he wouldn't understand. He's so closed minded, so righteous. My children? No... to them I'm a hero. My pastor? Hell no, not my pastor. I have to tell someone.

This secret I can't take to my grave, my place of rest. How could I possibility rest with this. It has burden my life. Weighing on me, following me.

I have tried to tell someone. As soon as it happen. I walked right up to the police station. I did, I tried to tell that office behind the desk. She would won't look at me. I think she knew. She knew, it would be worst for me to carry the secret than any prison that she could put me in. She was to busy on a phone call, a message for Officer Connor. the Chief of Police need to see him right away. Urgent. I waited for her to finishes, but she didn't. She kept repeating the message. Why? I remembered it and I only heard it once and I knew it verbatim.

I walked out. Not alone, not free.

I couldn't believe i did it. I tried to tell myself it wasn't me. I told myself that it was someone else, not me. That it was a dream. That I made it up. I believed my lie. I did. I went on with my life. I found a man who wanted to marry me. A man that wouldn't give me the time of day if he know what I did. That was validation. I made him believe I was something. I'm nothing. We had children, a house, a dog. My secret.

I have kept it for too long.

They say I don't have too long. A few hours. My grave is near. I don't want to kept any longer. It's all I can think about. I'm dying and it's haunting me. I'm not scare of death, My life ended on that day. I'm scare of dying with it.

I want to confess. It was me. I did it. Tell them what I am. Tell them what I done.

What is that noise? It's loud. The monitor. Flat-line. It can't be. I have something to say. Wait, not yet. I need a little more time. I have something i need to confess. This secret can't have my grave...

"It was me...I did it, I sorry, Forgive me....."
© Copyright 2010 eleaftha felts (geminimistress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652720-Death-Bed-Confession