*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652913-PARADOX---Chapter-31
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1652913
Action/Adventure - A genre mix like National Treasure and Indiana Jones
Chapter 31

May 3, 2012 – Resort Hotel Jodquellenhof Alpamare - Bad Tölz




Monday paced the hotel room like a caged lion. Five days had passed since Daria’s kidnapping, and they were no leads to follow. The tension drained his strength day by day.

Henri finally organized his resources and got the SGS9, Special Operations Section back on line. The Bundespolizei had been briefed on Dorbec’s activity and information started coming in. Interpol advised them that the missile landed near the small town of Ampass, Austria, about twenty miles west of Insbruck. Villagers reported seeing a missile streak over and a parachute suddenly descend into a farmer’s field. An unmarked van stopped along the road, two men retrieved what was in the cone of the missile, then rapidly disappeared into traffic. They could have headed for Zurick, Switzerland around one hundred miles west, gone south towards Trento, Italy, or even headed back east. There was no effective way to trace them.

Each of the sedans was found abandoned by the Bundespolizei. Villagers along the routes who saw any of the vehicles all swore that each held a young blond woman in the back seat along with a shadowy looking figure. Dorbec covered all his bets and placed a young girl in each sedan.

As for the helicopters, two landed at an airstrip near Munich, one at an airstrip in Salsburg, and one in a factory parking area in Insbruck, Austria. The large truck with the Russian missile launcher was previously stolen from a Serbian military base a week earlier. It was left at Gaissach by the abductors.

The German government granted permission to excavate the gold at Flint Kaserne, and just the evening before it had been found exactly where the note said it would be. The gold was being removed and a bank account set up to deposit the seven percent under a numbered account accessible only to those with the proper code. The SS Honour Rings, or Totenkopfring, were taken to the Ministry of Cultural Antiquities to determine their value and eventual disposition.

Now, Monday and the men were in their second hour of debate over which direction to take. Dom finally asked the question that Monday dreaded.

“We must decide if we honestly believe in the veracity of Fraulein Wolff’s background?” Dom glanced uneasily at Monday. Receiving a curious but hostile glare, he continued. “Based on these documents, which cannot be verified for either authenticity or accuracy, she is the granddaughter of Adolph Hitler. History notes that Hitler and Eva committed suicide in his bunker complex on April 30, 1945. If we believe in history as written, then Fraulein Wolff is the victim of a vicious and unorthodox charade. If however, we believe in these documents, then history, as recorded, is inaccurate.”

“The gold proved to be real,” Monday stated emphatically. “Paula Hitler had nothing to gain by fabricating a fairy tale about Hitler surviving. She lived, or barely survived until her death, then was buried in obscurity. German legal documents indicate that Daria was the granddaughter of Paula Hitler, documents established at her birth. Daria is completely innocent of any cover-up. She was shocked and profoundly dismayed to learn the truth of her ancestry.”

“Someone could have slipped the forged papers into Paula Hitler’s dress,” Henri insisted. “But it makes little sense to do so. If someone knew the location of twenty tons of pure gold I doubt they would bury the secret with a body that was never expected to be exhumed.”

There’s much more to this than the gold,” Chester added. “Dorbec and his men are mercenaries. The overriding goal of all mercenaries is wealth. We know he and his team were well paid for the job they performed, but that job did not entail the recovery of vast wealth. They left the gold. His mission was focused on one obvious thing, that strange jewel you spoke about.”

“True,” Monday shrugged. “Someone wants that jewel, and they are willing to obtain it by any possible means. The jewel is the key.”

“Assuming the documents are true and Daria is the granddaughter of Adolph Hitler, how is that even possible?” Chester asked. “He is dead isn’t he?”

“History is a very fluid environment,” Dom reached for his wine bottle. “It changes every day. New finds are made, old assumptions are proven false, new documents are discovered, the ability of science to verify authenticity has vastly improved through DNA and other sources, and so on. History is like a child playing with toy blocks. Sometimes they put the wrong piece in place only to discover later on that a better piece belongs in that spot, so they change it.”

“You know a lot about Hitler don’t you, Henri?” asked Monday. “I admit that the Nazi era is not exactly my area of expertise.”

“I’ll cover the accepted historical facts first,” Henri leaned back in his chair and relaxed. “Hitler took up residence in the Fuhrerbunker on 16 January 1945 where he presided over a rapidly disintegrating Third Reich. After midnight on 29 April, Hitler married Eva Braun in a small civil ceremony in a map room within the bunker complex.”

“Around 2:30 PM, I’ll stick with your American AM and PM, April 30, Hitler and Eva went into his personal study. Some witnesses later reported hearing a loud gunshot at around 3:30 PM. After waiting a few minutes, Hitler's valet, Heinz Linge with Martin Bormann at his side, opened the door to the small study and found Hitler and Eva’s bodies. They had committed suicide with poison and Hitler had shot himself in the temple.”

“Several witnesses reported that the two bodies were carried up to ground level and through the bunker's emergency exit to a small, bombed-out garden behind the Chancellery, where they were doused with gas and set afire by members of Hitler's personal SS bodyguard. Sometime after 6:00 PM remains were covered up in a shallow bomb crater.”

“Red Army troops stormed the Chancellery at approximately 11:00 PM, about 7 hours and 30 minutes after Hitler's alleged death. On 2 May 1945, the remains of Hitler, Eva and two dogs were discovered in a shell crater. That is the accepted history of Hitler’s death.”

“What have we learned since then that disputes any of this historical evidence?” Chester asked.

“Off the top of my head I would say quite a bit,” Henri replied. “Although, most of Germany does not want to open this Pandora’s box. The autopsy, authorized by Stalin in 1945, recorded both gunshot damages to Hitler's skull and glass shards in his jaw. Stalin was wary about believing his old nemesis was dead. When President Truman asked Joseph Stalin at the Potsdam conference in 1945 whether or not Hitler was dead, Stalin replied bluntly, “No.”

“In 2009, analysis of the DNA and bone structure of a skull fragment retained by the Soviets, and originally said to be Hitler’s, proved it actually belonged to a woman between the ages of 20 and 40.

In 1952, Dwight D. Eisenhower said: "We have been unable to unearth one bit of tangible evidence of Hitler's death.”

Stalin's top army officer, Marshall Gregory Zhukov, whose troops were the ones to occupy Berlin, flatly stated after a long thorough investigation in 1945, "We have found no corpse that could be Hitler's."

“The chief of the U.S. trial counsel at Nuremberg, Thomas J. Dodd, said: "No one can say he is dead." Major General Floyd Parks, who was Commanding General of the U.S. sector in Berlin, stated for publication that he had been present when Marshall Zhukov described his entrance to Berlin, and Zhukov stated he believed Hitler might have escaped.  Former Secretary of State Jimmy Byrnes in his book "Frankly Speaking" stated that while in Potsdam at the Conference of the Big Four, “Stalin left his chair, came over and clinked his liquor glass with mine in a very friendly manner.” I said to him: 'Marshal Stalin, what is your theory about the death of Hitler?' Stalin replied: "He is not dead. He escaped either to Spain or Argentina.'"

“Hitler and Eva were allegedly spotted at Templehof Airfield by a group of Nazi soldiers, hours after the alleged suicide. It was recorded that on April 30th, 1945, Flight Captain Peter Baumgart took Adolf Hitler, his wife Eva Braun, as well as a few loyal friends by plane from Tempelhof Airport to Tondern in Denmark (still German controlled). From Tondern, they took another plane to Kristiansund in Norway (also German controlled). From there they joined a submarine convoy.”

“Admiral Doenitz told a graduating class of naval cadets in Kiel in 1944: “The German U-boat fleet is proud to have made an earthly paradise, an impregnable fortress for the Fuhrer, somewhere in the world.”

“An American war correspondent in Berlin, one Joseph W. Grigg, announced on May 8, 1945, that Hitler’s body had been found. But on May 10 the same Grigg reported that a further four bodies, “blackened and charred,” that seem to answer to Hitler’s general appearance,” were drug out of the ruins of the Reichschancellery. Within another five days, Grigg reported that the number of possible Hitler corpses had risen to six, forcing Grigg to admit that the Soviets were beginning to despair of making any definite identification of a body, and thus to have any definite or conclusive evidence of the fact that Adolf Hitler had indeed died.”

“Hitler ordered Hannah Reitsch to the Fuhrerbunker just before his alleged death. Why would Hitler, who was anxious for everyone else to leave Berlin, want someone to come to him? The official story fails to justify Greim and Reitsch’s extremely dangerous flight. It also does not explain why the pair’s flight from the Luftwaffe airbase at Rechlin near Berlin to Gatow airport on Berlin’s periphery, was accompanied by an escort of 30-40 fighter jets, in other words, almost the entire existing Luftwaffe. These are not conspiracy theorist ideas but recorded facts. I could go on and on with other odd facts but you get the drift by now I think.”

“History wants Hitler dead,” Dom cut in. “By now he undoubtedly is… possibly dead of old age instead of suicide. The question is, can we afford to go on the assumption that Hitler escaped, and based on that assumption, that he fathered a daughter who in turn gave birth to Daria?”

“I, for one, don’t know exactly what to believe,” Monday threw up his hands in frustration. “I do know that Daria has been kidnapped for some reason and I intend to find her, whatever it takes. Each of you are very wealthy men now and you do not have to risk the additional danger my search may entail.”

“We’re behind you Monday,” Chester rose from his seat. “It’s a ‘Team’ thing!”

“Wouldn’t miss it for anything,” Henri chimed in. “Like I said, I have holiday coming to me.”

“You know very well I will accompany you my friend,” Dom casually looked up at Monday. He passed glasses all around and filled each with expensive wine. Standing, Dom raised his glass in a toast. “To Daria,” he said.

“To Daria,” the rest echoed, draining their glasses.

“Do they wear sombreros in Argentina?” Henry asked.

At that moment Monday’s cell phone startled him with a vibrating beep. Slowly he removed it from his jacket pocket and looked at it as if were a deadly animal. Monday could think of only two reasons the phone would be ringing, either the police had information on Daria’s whereabouts, or Dorbec was calling to gloat over his success. He quietly spoke into the phone, listened for a few minutes, then slowly closed it. “That was Chewey. They managed to get into the cemetery and uncover Reitsch’s grave. There was no body, but they found another jewel similar to the one Dorbec stole.”

They looked at him wide eyed. Dom was the first to speak, his voice nervous and whispery.

“Another jewel?

“Not only that, they found a lengthy message written in German. Chewey used the internet to translate what he could, but it was rather choppy. Most of it is about a German U-Boat, the U-234, and a strange story about its material and passenger cargo. He’s going to scan the documents and send them to us over the internet.”



http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/paradox-hitlers-granddaughter/9188811

One half of all proceeds will be donated to the Special Operations Wounded Warrior Foundation.

© Copyright 2010 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1652913-PARADOX---Chapter-31