*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653203-A-key-word
Rated: 18+ · Other · Opinion · #1653203
Excerpt from a novel I've been working on. The colorful uses of the word: fuck.
         Fuck. The number of times I've cursed myself or a situation with this word is astounding. It can be used for most any mishap, blunder or setback. It can explain a vast litany of emotion as well as conveying a broad range of understanding. Few words display such aptitude, it is indubitably one of the more versatile words in the English language and perhaps, my favorite.
         Never was it more pristine than from the mouth of a concupiscent woman. Commonly from the promiscuous, surprising and more pleasing from the austere. It is the moment of consent when fantasies are brought to fruition and our desires satiated. While there is a stigma attached to the word which somewhat limits ever developing uses. I find that like a fine wine, this word only improves with age. Overuse is common, though rarely unappreciated. With an impressive number of variations and words of it's ilk to use in conjunction; It is perhaps the most flexible and well known, even to foreign ears.
         Without a doubt, curse words are the most underrated of all. While they do have their place in literary work as surely as everyday speech. They can retain an inappropriate side, even that the most appropriate times. Underestimated and overused, there are scant words with such viability and, in my mind, even fewer that are so essential to the frequently evolving industry.
© Copyright 2010 Tim Stone (stoneyt528 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653203-A-key-word