*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653350-Religion-Religion
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1653350
Please Read, its important.
What a wonderful day, say the boy to his mother. No more pressures, anxieties, and wild pastors screaming salvation! Who is to say wrong from right; black from white; the sun from the moon? Why does a tiny, withering, old man hold the fate of others at the tip of his pontiff hat? It seems as though religion has died: spirits roam free deep into the night, dancing with the earth once more. Touché sir, good day sir, and good riddance to you. Surely, quite surely, you’re time has passed you by! Billions followed Your call, sword in hand, and drowned in the puddles that You had called for. Why? Because some chose not to believe a man with an untamed beard to be the saver of the universe, for surely gods do not die. Alas my deity, I hate you kind sir, arrogant nut with your head in a stir. Drink too much wine up in Galilee, or a fresh disease from that prostitute Mary? We all laugh at the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Africans, Natives, Aborigines, Asians, Nordics, and all those who had dreams of gods, and goddesses, wars and fires, creative tales of love, peace, and desire. From clay figures to ashes, from sea to sea, we mocked them, we banished them, we enslaved them. We fought tirelessly for years, losing many in our path, for what? Medieval conquering and witch craft, how fun! The man called Christ was a simple man, what we would call a bum by today’s standards. There is a god but is not a part, he is a man who spent too many days in the Palestine sun. If we saw this man named Jesus, not only would we simply dismiss him, we would not give him a dime as he passed us by. A simple man, yes quite, quite, but nothing to follow you see. My mother once told me not to talk to strangers, and he is that to me. What happened to the days when the sun came up and the moon came down to rest; the days when hate and animosity were not words, because they did not exist. Bible, oh Bible, a work of fiction through and through. You may not see me, but I see through you. I’d burn you, not praise you, a source of misery. Of anguish and despair, so many lives gone in your name, I see it not fair. Good bye to you religion, your day has come and passed. Today, a new day, has surely come at last. Religion, I hate you, and all you came to be; please do me a favor and let’s never speak of you again. At a time when unity is needed you bring us further apart. And to you the oppressive force in the sky, strike me down if you hear my words, but nothing will happen as the existence is not there. Deity Jesus, stay in your tomb, and Peter, oh Peter, keep the keys. Not even you could get into a Heaven.
© Copyright 2010 E. Matthews (theboss7777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1653350-Religion-Religion