*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654046-First-Kiss
by Srini
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #1654046
How can girls kiss your cheeks and kick you at the same time? Read on....
First Kiss

Any person in his life would face the beauty of adolescence once and I’m no exception. The fascinating breeze hit me when I was in my Class XII.
Before I continue, let me introduce myself. I’m Rakesh, a Mechanical Engineer by profile but a Software Engineer for living. I know you would not be surprised by that statement, because I too jumped into the river of IT as anyone would, at that age. Needless to say, I too have a girl friend. Even this would not throw any surprises since owning a high-end mobile, a bike and a girl-friend is part and parcel of any youth’s life. If any of you folks know Reema, please don’t share my ‘First Kiss’ story to her, as I had told her I kissed her first.

6 years rolling back……

As destiny would call it, the first person I met upon entering Class XII was Shilpa. I did not know if she was really pretty, because, my mom used to say even a piglet would look like a puppy in its younger days. She really looked like an angel to my eyes, though not with white wings and a star-wand, but with a school bag on her tender shoulders and lunch bag in her soft hand.

While I walked past her, I used to alter my tiny facial hair which grew very recently. Subject to my mom’s saying, I was to an extent, handsome. I had a strange thought that she was also watching me. But at this age, anyone would feel the temptation of watching or being watched. After being happy with the proceeding, I joined my group which was standing outside the classroom.

“Macha*, she looked and smiled at me da” was my first announcement to my group. Telling this info is a must for 2 reasons – One, to show off your smartness and two, to boil them. And both worked out, as they looked at me in awe.

Then it was Domar (His original name however is Dominic Michael) who broke the
silence and my heart “Hey, she looks at everyone and smiles man. See there, she’s winking even at our peon”. I turned to see, and he was right.

You really can’t decode a girl’s mind. It’s the most complex program ever, with ‘n’ number of syntax errors, ‘if’ conditions and ‘loops’. Whenever you crack a code, another bug pops out. Whatever it is, programs are SE’s life.

I couldn’t speak anything and they all erupted into laughter upon my reaction. Mark my words; no guy can digest this kind of an embarrassment. I decided to prove my point. But the bell rang at that moment and we had to leave for the class.

I had another misfortune awaiting me – it was the Maths period. I could see the huge figure of Ms. Mary (nicknamed the Marie Biscuit) standing with her book on one hand and scale on the other. She was about 40 years of age but her looks showed 60. You know calculations can always go wrong with Maths and with Maths teacher too.

Our gang usually occupied the last row – to my astonishment I found Shilpa’s seat adjacent to mine. I was looking at her direction continuously, when suddenly she too turned at me once and smiled. I was flying in the air for a moment, before felled by a chalk piece throw from Mary miss. She’d have won a Gold medal had she represented India in Dart throwing. I stood up, ashamed, erasing the white-mark on my forehead. More than the hit, I was more pained because Shilpa was also giggling at me. 

How can girls kiss your cheeks and kick you at the same time? Is this their in-borne quality? A coin has only 2 sides. But girls have many sides –along with head and tail, hands and legs also to attack boys.

I took my decision at this juncture – you know, Boys are best at revenge than at love. I challenged to my group that I would kiss her today evening in front of the whole class. They were first shocked but later teased and cheered me up for my noble mission. I looked at her face again – she was still smiling – but her smiles seemed to me like venom now.
………………
The session got over. She was about to go near the teacher to ask some doubt. I was looking at her cautiously, planning every step. My friends however persuaded me to pounce immediately upon my prey. I did not know if it was the right occasion, but challenges and bets are taken very seriously at school times. So without applying my mind, I proceeded – towards my target.

I followed her every step and when she was about to bend to the teacher to show the notes, I leaned forward and extended my lips slowly.

A gentle touch and a sharp sound; yes, I made it.
The next sound I heard was from my Ms. Mary’s scale. Because, the moment I leaned, she had moved a bit to the left and I ended up kissing my teacher. What a crime!!

“How dare you do this to me?” was her question while ripping me off. Even I was asking my inner mind “Why the hell you do this to her? I have to wash my mouth with acid today”.

If a program has bugs, the programmer fixes them. If the programmer has bugs, no wonder the system will crash.

The whole day, I was made to kneel down with shirts off, showing my 1.5 packs, in front of the classroom. Everyone, including Shilpa, was laughing at my bravery – the first kiss of my life.
******

Still I can’t forget the moments till date. Lots have happened over the years. The last I heard was, Shilpa had gone to US for higher studies and Marie biscuit had resigned from service recently (May be some ‘Good Day’ or ‘Bourbon’ would have replaced her).
Phone ringing…

“Hey yes Reema, yeah, I will join you in another hour”.

I know you guys can’t hide this incident from Reema. So before you guys, I will myself update her. See you later, bye for now! Thanks for listening patiently.

***THE END***

Disclaimer: All the characters in this story are fictional and imaginary. They neither resemble anyone living or dead, nor based upon any true events.

Notes*:
Macha - Dude, in local Tamil slang

© Copyright 2010 Srini (srinivasan_r20 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654046-First-Kiss