*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654086-Imagining-the-view
Rated: E · Short Story · Adult · #1654086
Musings out of the office window
The azure creased blind is partially blocking the "glorious" view from my office window. The workmen play merrily on their jackhammers outside creating maximum noise on a quiet frosty morning.

"Why doesn't the phone ring ?", I hear myself muttering in my head. "God ! Today is SO DULL ! ".

I crane my head outside the 4th-storey window , my view of the cul-de-sac brightened only by seeing HER. She picks up the files, tosses her hair back and engages her colleague in amusing banter that has my eyes widening and my heart yearning.She moves off, casting a playful smile back as she stops at the photo-copier.

The building opposite had been empty for several months until Amberson & Tate Ltd moved in a few weeks ago. We'd all noticed a hive of activity there which made our sendentary jobs very uninteresting indeed. It was then I spotted her - a veritable goddess among the footsoldiers of A & T. She seemed to glide, grace and light up our very existence in our pot-hole of an office.

I sighed , looked up at the clock again. Only 3 hours to go till hometime. Another sigh. I picked up my pen and began to plough through those accounts again..........................
© Copyright 2010 martlewi (martlewi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654086-Imagining-the-view