*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654211-Zombie-Hell-working-title
by Ecrief
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Death · #1654211
zombies in new mexico
Zombie Hell (working title)

I found myself lying under the covers of my bed. Throwing them off of me, I staggered my way into the kitchen. I thought to myself that this morning was way too quiet, as I began to pour myself some cereal. As I was eating, I couldn't help myself to lookout side the window across from me. It seemed that a fog had developed this morning, due to the fact that I couldn’t really see anything through the dense, white fog. I finished eating my cereal and started to get dressed for school.
It was ten minutes after eight; it was obvious that I was going to be late for school. I quickly grabbed my backpack and my skateboard, and ran out through the front door. As I skated my way through my town, I noticed that there weren’t any people, which seemed weird to me. Shaking the thought out of my head, I continued my way.
Taking a turn on fouth street I noticed something, there was someone laying with there back facing me laying out on the road! Worried, I ran over to see if the person was okay, I rolled him over. Flying back in horror, I saw his face. He was an old man with half of his face torn to shreds to the point where I could see the bone surface of his jaw. Not being able to bear it, I threw-up to the side with the horrifying image burning into my mind.
I panicked, I got up to run, but something had grabbed my leg! I looked down to see what was holding me in place, shocked it was the old man he was holding my pant leg, moaning in pain. Surprised, I shook him off and stepped back, the man slowly got up. I yelled at him to stop, but he simply ignored me. I could hear his bones and joints crack and pop as he stood up.
His head snapped up and he screamed as he lunged at me with his arms out-stretched, and suddenly he had a hold of my neck. As he choked me I instinctively pushed him away, picked my skateboard up, and slammed it against his head. His body dropped, frightened, I sprinted off as fast as I could in the direction where my school was, I began to wonder why would he just attack me like that, but most importantly what happened to him? I squeezed my eyes, shook the thought out of my head, and continued to run. I opened my eyes when I arrived at my school and my blood grew cold.
The scene that was laid before me was gruesome. Vehicles were scattered about the parking lot, blood puddles on the ground and blood splattering across the vehicles and the pavement. I cautiously made my way through the parking lot, passing by a school bus tipped over on with blood dripping off of its shattered windows. Forcing myself to look away, I headed over to the main office of the school, keeping my distance away from the wreckage. I peered through the window of the door and all I could see was the pitch dark, I took a deep breath and stepped inside. It was mostly dark inside the school, all except for the little light coming through the skylights. It seemed to take forever feeling my way through the halls; I believed that there should still be a working phone somewhere in the front office. Suddenly, I heard a scream come from the other end of the hall, but it had quickly died down into silence. Frightened, I felt for a doorknob, found it, and rushed inside shutting it behind me. I locked the door behind me and pressed my ear against it, I heard a faint sound of staggering footsteps come down the hallway.
Preparing myself, I clenched tightly onto my skateboard tightly with both hands. The footsteps began to grow louder and louder. Then the footsteps stopped in front of the door I was behind. A sound of a moan caused me to panic; I unlocked the door and kicked the door as hard as I could, slammed into the person sending him to fall onto the ground. Looking around the room I noticed that it was the main office, I grabbed a flashlight from one of the desks, and I turned it on pointing at the person laying on the ground.
It was one of the teachers of the school, but there was something off about him, his eyes were dull, it was as though he was knocked out. A thought came into mind causing me to sprint down the hall towards the exit; this place wasn’t safe I said to myself as the light from the door came into view. The sound of moans and shuffling of footsteps filled the hall. They seemed to grow closer no matter how fast I ran. It was like a nightmare that I couldn’t wake-up from. Bursting through the door I found myself back into the fog-enveloped world.
© Copyright 2010 Ecrief (ecrief76 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654211-Zombie-Hell-working-title