*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654596-Of-Wizards-and-Heroes-Co-1st-Place
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1654596
After being duped, Gerald felt the wizard owed him. (Editor's Pick 11/17/10 For Author NL)
“You vile wizard! How dare you sell me a worthless amulet!” Gerald the hero drew his sword and held it at his throat.

“Calm down, lad. I sold you a perfectly good magic amulet. Could you lower your sword and I’ll ask you a few questions.”

The hero paused and thought about the wizard’s words. He lowered his sword. “I’ll spare you for now, but if I am unsatisfied I will slay thee.”

“You sailed across the Black Ocean, right?”

“Yeah.”

“You confronted Erik the giant?”

“Yeah.”

“You read the incantation?”

“Yeah”

“Even on the back?”

“The back?”

“Yes, you have to read the whole incantation, or it won’t work. I went over this before. Do you have the amulet?” Bob the wizard held out his hand.

“Well, no. The giant kept it. He said it was worthless, and I…”

“… and you believed him…” The wizard rolled his eyes. “He is a wiley one. I’ll hand it to him. Most heroes don’t even get to confront him face to face. You must be a great hero.”

“Well, thanks,” Gerald beamed, “I did sneak up very quietly and surprised him.”

“I’ll tell you what. I’ll sell you another amulet, but this time don’t listen to him. Understand? He’ll try to talk you out of killing him. He’s killed dozens of heroes, and he’ll not hesitate to kill you either.” Bob placed the back of his hand on his forehead. “He even killed my dear sister. God rest her soul.”

“I shall complete my quest this time!” Gerald shouted. “Don’t worry. I will avenge your family!” The hero laid down the sack of gold coins and snatched the amulet from the wizard’s hand.

Bob watched the hero, riding his trusty steed, disappear from view.

“Back to you Erik.” He mumbled.


Disclaimer: This is a spoof piece in response to another flash story. I was just having fun.
 Of Giants and Heroes  (13+)
A giant, a hero and a magic amulet. What more could you want? Daily flash fiction co-win.
#1654428 by Preacher
Read this story and this one will make a bit more sense. LOL.



300 Words
Flash Story Contest Words Contained: amulet, giant, ocean

Editor's pick in the For Author's 11/17/2010 Newsletter
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1654596-Of-Wizards-and-Heroes-Co-1st-Place