*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655840-Press-Release-Thompsons-Water-Seal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · Other · #1655840
Thompson's Company Donation Helps Pacific Marine Mammal Center
THOMPSON’S COMPANY DONATION HELPS THINGS GO “SWIMMINGLY” FOR PACIFIC MARINE MAMMAL CENTER




UPPER SADDLE RIVER, NJ, 9/21/09 –
The Thompson’s Company, makers of the Thompson’s® Water Seal®line of exterior cleaning and waterproofing products, has “sealed” an agreement for a two-year partnership in support of the Pacific Marine Mammal Center of Laguna Beach, California.  In addition to a monetary donation, the center will receive Thompson’s Water Seal products for use at their facilities, which has rescued 254 animals in the first nine months of 2009.  This includes California sea lions, Pacific harbor seals, northern elephant seals, northern fur seals and various cetaceans (whales, dolphins or porpoises) each year.

         “The Thompson’s Water Seal brand was launched in California, and a California sea lion has been a part of our logo for many decades, so we jumped at the opportunity to help the Pacific Marine Mammal Center,” said Beverly Welch, Senior Product Manager for The Thompson’s Company.  “We share a common mission to preserve and protect, and we’re looking forward to making a valuable contribution to their work.”  (In a bit of Thompson’s Water Seal trivia, the seal which has appeared on millions of cans as part of the brand’s logo is named Addis after Edward Addis Thompson, the entrepreneur who started The Thompson’s Company.  The Pacific Marine Mammal Center will also name one of its rescued seals Addis to recognize The Thompson’s Company donation.)

         The Thompson’s Company is an ongoing supporter of Niagara Falls State Park, Yellowstone National Park and Glacier National Park through its VIP Program – Very Important Places.  “In the case of this donation, we like to call it the Very Important Pinniped program,” added Welch.  “Pinniped is the scientific grouping for all seals, sea lions and walruses.  This is one aspect of our environmental commitment initiatives and the first specifically supporting a non-profit dedicated to helping animal wildlife.  We couldn’t think of a better place to start.”

         “The Center is continually improving our facilities, and of course, there is an ongoing need for funding for everyday operations,” said Melissa Sciacca, development director.  “In fact, we have recently taken in a record number of starving sea lion pups, and the need for help has never been greater.”


© Copyright 2010 Tracy Carlin (tcarlin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655840-Press-Release-Thompsons-Water-Seal