*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656976-A-Notable-Find-2nd-Place
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1656976
Troy was beyond excited. Could this really be a note from George Washington?
Troy examined the antique spy glass and decided it needed a good cleaning. When he began to disassemble the item, he was thrilled to find the hidden note dated September 10, 1748. Troy was wild about history. His wife, Carla, said obsessed, but he found the past to be shrouded in excitement and mystery. This, however, could be the find of his life.

“Hey, honey.” He nudged Carla snoozing on the recliner. “Pssst. Hey, Carla. Wake up.”

“Uhhh…mmm.. “ She turned over.

“Hey, honey. Wake up. I found something.”

“Go away, Troy. Stop being a pest. If this is another one of your historical finds I’m going to slug you.”

“But I’ve been looking at this note under the microscope for an hour. It’s fascinating!” Troy’s blue eyes shined with the excitement of a small boy.

“Alright. What’s so special about this one?”

“I found it in the old spy glass we bought near Fairfax. It says --

         ‘Meet me at the ferry – George

         September 10, 1748.’ "


“This could be George Washington’s note. Better yet. This could be his personal spy glass.” Troy nearly floated out of his shoes.

Carla walked over to the microscope and peered through the eyepiece. “Hmmm. Ok. This could have promise. The paper is odd, but it’s possible.”

“See. I told you. This will be the talk of the town. An absolute treasure! Frank will be so jealous. I can’t wait to call him.”

“You two are so childish. You have been since you were kids…. Wait. Yeah… Uhhh… huh.”

“What?”

Carla pulled the note from under the slide and flipped the paper over. “Read the other side genius. And if you wake me up again, you’ll be singing soprano. Understand?” Carla glared at Troy.

Troy looked down. ‘Replica of Washington note: Museum of Fairfax, VA.'


300 Words
Flash Story Must contain: microscope, hidden, pest
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656976-A-Notable-Find-2nd-Place