*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1657305-Enough-about-me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Parenting · #1657305
My insight into myself and the dysfunctional world.
(Not by any means a finished work...still editing and can greatly use some feed back on my writing capabilities. Thanks)

Enough about me, lets talk about you. What do you think of me?

Every day was like a new adventure to Marie.
Marie was a very beautiful young lady. She was bright, very personable and most people
just took to her quite easily as she was very friendly and made you feel like you'd been old pals for years, almost right away.

Marie was always quick to help whenever she saw a need, she loved to be appreciated and really loved to feel she was needed. And while all of her efforts and positive attributes seemed to be everything one would want to be in life...sometimes these same wonderful traits are very much a sign of a very deep emotional deficit or void that can really have some very heartbreaking and tragic outcomes. And the worst part of all is the victim of such a emotional disorder really has no clue that they are acting out of dysfunction, rather than just trying to be a great person.
So needless to say Marie was quite confused as to why on earth she kept finding herself very alone, mistreated, used and abused.

Throughout her childhood and on through her teenage years she had was forced to grow up very quickly and became almost a master at maturity from the time she could talk. And had little to no positive roll models to help her through these very adult experiences and was really just not old enough to even comprehend all of the things around her that were so very traumatic and very frightening most of the time. Her parents were unavailable due to a chronic emotional disease that is very common and increasingly infecting and destroying families all over the nation.
Most commonly misinterpreted this disease is mistaken for it's symptoms being the “cause” or the actual disease itself. Thus leaving quite a large problem in getting any headway into curing this life destroying illness.
Most of society including our well educated and most trusted MD's are finding it much easier to just conclude that people who have this disease are simply the waste of the gene-pool and are quite disposable. So therefor they address it as a lifestyle choice to be the dysfunctional mess that they become and either shun them underground where they live out the remainder of their miserable existence or they can redeem themselves by labeling themselves as powerless and giving into their societies opinions, morality judgments and made to be addressed as “powerless addicts” for the rest of their lives.

And what is even sadder is that Marie, in the prime of her life was given a incredible gift of insight,
and through all of her tragic life's lessons she was able to see where she had been making all the mistakes in her quest for what should have been a natural birthright, the gift of unconditional, nurturing love and guidance that every human needs to grow and learn to live a happy healthy life.
Without this...they are left with a hole the size of their entire being that causes them to hunt, search frantically to fill because the void hurts and is a very empty, lonely existence that needs filled.
Most do not get to figure out this about themselves if they are victims of this disease. They more commonly die due to the very dangerous and completely unhealthy lifestyles they live.
But Marie was lucky. She found a place where she could look at her life, learn from her mistakes, leave the past behind her and can now try and use all of this to help others to maybe be freed from their own "void".
© Copyright 2010 futuresuccessstory (charlena at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1657305-Enough-about-me