*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658379-Essay-for-4-H-dog-program
by Mabel
Rated: E · Essay · Animal · #1658379
My dog and I in training.
Essay for 4-dog program




And the one with the overall highest score is Renee’ Hart and Dozer with the score of 793 points! Hi my is Renee’ Hart and I am 15 years old and this is my third year being in the 4-H dog program and that was the day that I’ll never forget it was at the Florida State fair grounds and being only my second year showing at state with my dog Dozer and that is one of  cool experience to look back at. The 4-H dog club is a very exciting project for all kids and their four legged friends. So keep reading and I’ll tell you a few reasons how I got started and still am in the 4-H dog club and why you should go and give it a look.

Well this is how I started and chose the 4-H dog project. You see it all started off by putting in a helping hand down at Debbie’s Pet Boutique which is a local grooming shop for all sorts of dogs. Soon after that I found out that one of the ladies working there had her own little dog training class and I was interested so I started asking a lot of questions, soon to find out that they also had a kids class which was called 4-H dag project so after talking to my parents and checking everything out I decided to join the club.

Now you see this4-H club isn’t just about building a relationship between you and your dog but it’s also about having fun while you do it which is what everyone in my club experiences every time we get together. Some things I like about this project is that you get to see your friends which is pretty nice when your homeschooled. I also love the fact that this project is a time for me to just be me and have fun doing something good because too many kids these days are getting into too much trouble because they have nothing better to do. But the one thing I love about this project is all the different judges I get to meet at all the shows. To me when I mess up its okay because one, no one’s perfect and two I learn a lot more when I do cause when I’m done with whichever course I did they tell me what I messed up on and how I could fix it and let me just say the judge is always rite(ha-ha).

But a good thing about this club is that it’s as if the experiences never end because there’s always room for improvement. Some of the things that I need to improve on are my off lead patterns with Dozer ever séance him and I have passed our other on lead classes. Another thing would have to be my confidences in Dozer and I because sometimes I have caught myself doubting our work together as a team and he can feel that cause when I  basically seem like I’m not happy he shuts down being the dog he is because the only thing these dogs want to do for us is make us happy so that was one major project I had to work on. But another one I had to work on was to always be prepared for anything. Like I mean when you plan on participating in a future show always make you sure you know where everything is and that its in reach just in case you’re in a hurry because shows can sneak up on you fast and I mean real fast so that was probably the number one thing I really worked on. So always be prepared!

One of the last things I’ll be sharing with you is just some of the things that I have learned so just because this is a 4-H club doesn’t mean you can’t learn anything from it, because everything that you do has something you can learn and you can learn a lot just from a simple project like this. I have learned that participation plays a very important part in this 4-H project. Without it they wouldn’t have a lot of the activities that they have, for example like the dog bowl it’s a fun activity but it takes participation and a lot of studying to be able game rite. I also learned that jumping in head first isn’t always a bad thing. Like my first year I had just started training the January before Youth fair and my mother ended up signing me up in every class they had that you could do with just one dog and I was honestly kind of scared that I was starting everything too fast but everyone around me never stopped encouraging me so that year at youth fair I walked away with first place ribbons in every class I participated in and I also walked away again the next year with the same results! But the best thing I’ve learned from this project is that your friends are probably the one thing you should never let slip away. Every show I go to I always have my friends there by my side and I honestly think that they are the one thing that helps me through all my shows and I don’t even want to think about what I would do if I ever lost one of them.

Well that just about sums everything up for me because as you just read you saw how I got started and why I’m still in the 4-H club. I just hope that you have enjoyed reading about my experience with the 4-H dog project. So just think about it would you whether join this AWSOME club or just stay home? Well that’s for you to decide but for me I choose to stay in the 4-H dog program with my club my community my country and my world but most of all for my dog Dozer.



If you want to learn more about me please visit my Bio.



 Bio  (E)
Who I am now
#1648669 by Mabel


© Copyright 2010 Mabel (mabel2008 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1658379-Essay-for-4-H-dog-program