*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659000-Goodbye
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Dark · #1659000
the last thought explained
It is not the light which fades, but the darkness that creeps over.
Sliding over the seamless sky
Until an inky black blanket obscures the view of the celestial ceiling.
It is dull amongst the trees as the day is stolen away.
Light fades slowly from my eyes, twinning me with the body above.
Fear is no longer the issue that it once was
.
The coolness of the grass eases the tingling nerves along my spine, its quite pleasant.
I wish I could sway my arms side to side and feel the blades between my fingers.
My heart has stopped racing now, the steady one-two beat feels familiar yet strange.
It's ever slowing rhythm mine but feels like a stranger's.
Its very hard to concentrate with all of natures beauty around me.
I have been here before, as a child, skipping through the forest free of care.

I feel like that now. Nothing can touch me, no-one can intrude upon my thoughts.
My innocence was lost long ago but the illusion of it comforts me now.
Memories flutter across my visage, mirages floating in the balmy air of times when my soul would soar.
I never thought this would happen, I am very pleased and humbled.
The world is so much bigger than myself, just a single ion of lint on a kingsize duvet.
This is my canvas, I can paint this vista with the colours of my imagination, everybody is powerless to stop me.

I hear the scrape of a canines claws on the gravel pathway, it doesn’t matter.
Even the animals soft hearing will not discover me, I am invisible.
Lying here I gain wisdom, not the engaging kind that fires the mind
And drives the spirit to go forth and explore the wonders of possibility,
But the silent wonderful wisdom that comes with freedom from the body.

I see it now, the light returning to fill my vision,
It glows yellow and billows like a breeze stirring the water of a brook.
Gently I am lifted free of obligation and expectation,
Of love and hate and the perils of the daily grind. I am above it all.
Moments expand the passage of time to stretch into decades, I am here, I am home.
The golden light lays a path for my soul to walk, I am not afraid.
This is the most natural feeling.

Looking over my shoulder I see the smiling disposition of earth-bound me.
Returning the smile I pause to take one last look at my special place,
We shared everything here. Love, laughter, stories and memories,
I see them now like motion picture clips.
Farewell my former life, I chose to move on to the next.
I feel the final beat of the mortal battery even though my soul is no longer attached,
This is the final word in my biography.

© Copyright 2010 hedge_witch (lrochford at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1659000-Goodbye