*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660257-It-Was-Written
Rated: E · Short Story · Spiritual · #1660257
Emily pleaded with God... not today God, please, he can't die today...
“Please, Lord. Do not let my grandfather die. Not today. You alone can save him. I know that you can. I can’t bear it. Please just not today,” Emily prayed, as she knelt at the altar of the enormous church. Her red puffy eyes blurred her vision as a well of tears streamed from them.

“Peace be with you, my child. He has heard your prayer.”

Emily bolted upright and spun around. There before her was an old man with white flowing hair, a golden gown, and shimmering eyes.

“Who… are… you?” Her voice filled with wonder.

He sent me. I’ve come to tell you that He has heard your prayer.”

“I… I don’t know what to say. Thank you.”

He has sent me to say that your grandfather will not live through this day, but your heart should not be troubled. He will be with me.”

“No! Do you know what day this is? My grandmother…She can't bear it. Please… I beg of you…”

“Yes. He knows. This day was written before you were born. Understand that in your mourning, He rejoices. All the angels rejoice when He calls a good and faithful servant home.”

“But why today? Couldn’t he die tomorrow?”

“It is his time. God gives life and takes it. He wants you to know that death is just as much of a gift, for without death, man would never know the true feeling of love.”

“I understand. I just wish, it could have been on another day other than the anniversary of my death.”

“It is time to come home, Emily. He has been waiting for you too, and you will finally see your grandfather again.”

Suddenly, both of them began floating and ascending through the roof...



“Grandpa!” Emily shouted, and all the angels rejoiced.



299 Words
Flash Story Must contain: Enormous, Floating, Wonder
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660257-It-Was-Written