*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660751-The-World-is-made-of-money
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Other · #1660751
This is an essay i wrote for school. I'ts mostly Bullshit.

Money doesn’t grow on trees you know! Or does it? Well perhaps not in the traditional sense, however what is money, if not simply the tool with which we measure the value of resources. Resources like…oh I don’t know, let’s say trees. The value of a tree is determent based on how many trees there are, relative to how many people are in the market for a tree of their very own. This is a concept known to most people as the principle of supply and demand.
Likewise the value of money is determent based on how much money there is in circulation, relative to how many resources exist for that money to represent. Put quite simply: if the sum of the world was 20 trees and 20 dollars each tree would be worth a buck. If you cut down one tree and used the paper to make 20 new dollars. You would have 19 trees worth 2,10 dollars apiece. Repeat this process 4 more times and you end up with 15 trees worth 8 dollars each. For those of you who have yet to catch on, if you continue to repeat this process. You will inevitably end up with 400 hundred absolutely worthless dollars. This concept is what is known as the principle of inflation.
Now, let’s say you that you happened across another world with 20 trees and 20 dollars still intact. In this world, the value of each tree is still 1 dollar. You can now buy half of the trees for 10 bucks and you will have 10 trees valued at 39 dollars each. Your new friend however will have 10 trees valued at only 3 dollars each. This concept is what is known as the principle of stealing from 3rd world countries and the then justifying by claiming it to be an equal opportunity free market when really you know you’re just a gigantic ass bag.
You will however eventually end up at same place, with no more trees and lots and lots of worthless money. For when you expend a resource for the purpose of financial growth, you are trading a commodity with inherit value for one with value lent to it by the very commodity you have expended.

Our global economy is one based exactly this type of constant growth. For the wheels of our world to keep turning, people have to keep consuming. For people to keep consuming, resources must be expended, and sooner or later we are going to run out of trees.
© Copyright 2010 leepad85 (leepad85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660751-The-World-is-made-of-money