*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660932-I-Did-It-Anyway
Rated: E · Essay · Comedy · #1660932
Essay about why and/or how I chose my username.

When I read the "Why'd You Do It?" contest, I thought long and hard about it's question, How or why did I choose my username. I thought to myself, "Why did I choose my name? And of all names, "Keyboard Goddess".

I began to do some deep soul searching, hoping to trigger a logical reason as to why. I then remembered that I was dubbed the
'Microwave Goddess
' since I can zap anything from hard pasta to scrambled eggs. I can nuke a real mean steak but I'm getting off track here.

Searching through my memory files I realized that I learned in highschool how to type but started skipping class during the part where they were teaching us to type the numbers. Did I tell you I'm terrible with numbers, figures, money, etc. Maybe my abscence during that part of the class has something to do with it. No, I think the chicken came before the egg.

So yeah, I'm a hyper typer. Computer literate? I have no idea what the majority of the keys around all of the letters mean exept shift. I still get confused with "cut, copy and paste". I won't even get into which side I have to click or is it double click the mouse. At least I know that the clicker is called a mouse, which makes me feel somewhat or in some way, "computer savy", which is probably the equivalent of feeling street smart, whatever that is...

I have never successfully entered any contest. I feel it's largely due to the fact that they just don't like me. Yeah, I've beem disqualified for minor technicalities. A good example would be "you didn't follow the prompt", didn't post a bitem"
along with, "you didn't include a word count"?

Being the Keyboard Goddess, all of those minor mistakes should be overlooked, right? Just kidding but not really.

My perception shifted over the evening as I read "How to Create a Bitem". The "Keyboard Goddess"'
thanks you for taking me by the hand! I obvioulsy needed it and felt i it was appropriate for me to study that material as their are no coincidences in life.

I almost forgot to mention why I chose my handle, "Pranamatha". It is a hindu God who represents "The Extreme Limit of Happiness".

I actually would here the name in my head during or after meditation, and began using it as an email address as opposed to my real name. I typed into the top line accidently and began receiving all of this information on this God, Pranamatha.
I was astounded and will eventually get my name legally change to Pranamatha.

I thought deeply about why or how I chose "Keyboard Goddess" and hopefully, in the near futre, I know I'll realize why.

I'm sure in days to come, I'll be able to type blindfolded with one hand!

Everything read by you, me, or anyone is there for a reason.
If steaks microwaved to perfection are possible, anything is. Just ask my exboyfriends: that is if you can communicate with the dead...

Did I tell you I writing a book on how to microwave everything and anything?


Keyboard/Microwave Goddess
© Copyright 2010 Keyboard Goddess (pranamatha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1660932-I-Did-It-Anyway