*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1661281-The-River-Called-Silence
by Hopey
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Spiritual · #1661281
http://www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?Book=156710
Every now and then, in history, a prolific and sound voice arises. And if ever a rising wave of such a new and inspiring voice would emerge, it might compare in the new American release, premiere novel by writer, Mr. Hopey Whisperwind. Beckoning with oscillations of a haunting tale, Mr. Whisperwind brings us to "The River Called Silence." In his novel, Whisperwind spans the centuries of time, in order to weave an intriguing story of his Native people, the Low-Tow-Pee Indians of the North Carolina Mountains. Spoken in two installments, Book one of "The River Called Silence" opens with a prologue, titled, “The Prophecy of the Sparrow,” a recounting by Mr. Whisperwind of the sacred promise given to the Low-Tow-Pee before his time. Thereafter, in the beginning chapters, we find Mr. Whisperwind living and working in New York City as a magazine journalist with his soon to be fiancĂ©e. Unannounced, he is called back home, to be amongst his tribe. Upon his return to his hometown of Cool Ridge, North Carolina, he is summoned to reawaken the fire of healing hands that was upon him as a young boy, in order to heal his ailing Grandmother, Lily Whisperwind. However, on this occasion, his healing, which the Low-Tow-Pee calls “the Fever,” is unable to cure his Grandmother. She passes away through the night. The next day, to Mr. Whisperwind’s and his tribe’s surprise, his Grandmother’s Will states that he is to inherit all of her belongings, the 100 year old home and her tattered journal within it. So then, the true journey begins as Mr. Whisperwind encounters the pages of her writings that speak of lost spirits, a wondrous hidden world of heavenly things, and the praying hearts of a prophecy fulfilled. A well defined, timeless masterpiece at the heart of what makes every human…human; "The River Called Silence" faithfully reaches out to its readers with a prolific and sound voice.

http://www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?Book=156710
© Copyright 2010 Hopey (hopey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1661281-The-River-Called-Silence