*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662332-Jasons-Mansion
Rated: 13+ · Other · Emotional · #1662332
Introduction; huntress who's mind has been altered by an enemy is helped by her lost love.
  The door of the trailer opens slowly…creaking on old hinges. The dank musty smell of stale air meets me as I enter the living room. The fickle moonlight that filters in through the tattered curtains just barely showing the mold and mildew of passing years of neglect.
  With my back against the door I scan the room for danger. Seeing none, but still being cautious, I pull my dagger from it’s sheath on my thigh. Taking one careful step foreword, a movement to my left catches my attention. I look down only to see a rat staring up at me. Beady little red eyes trying to pick into my head. I tread carefully into the living room and turn towards the kitchen.
  No sooner than when I had done that, I am grabbed from behind by a cold, sweaty, yet somehow scaly hand. And by some chance of misfortune, the other hand of whoever it was managed to get mine behind my back and pry the dagger loose. More curious still, he places it in it’s sheath and turns me around. A shadowy figure is standing in the corner. It approaches my captor and I, slowly revealing himself to me. Jason…
  “Hello Catherine,” his face is blank, unreadable. I can see the turmoil of emotions behind his watchful eyes. He steps closer and puts a hand on my cheek. “I know you know why I’m here. I have come to help you get better.”
  “I’m not sick!” I practically screeched and fought against the hands holding me.
  “Yes you are, you and I both know it.”
  And I did know it. My mind has been fighting itself, I had been doing things. Strange things I would never do, and my fighting skills were obviously on the fritz. But I would never admit it to Jason Bruneaux. His hand moves to under my chin, forcing me to look into his eyes. Instead I close mine.
  “Don’t be this way Catherine, I am here to help.”
  He takes his hand off my face and reaches into his jacket pocket pulling out a syringe and a small vial with a thick milky liquid in it. He says this carefully, so as to keep me calm, “I need to put you to sleep for awhile so we can take care of you ok?” Once again I struggle only to have the hands tighten around me. Jason fills the syringe with the milky liquid as I try not to watch the swirls as it’s sucked downward filling the empty space.
  “Tilt her head up, gently, and hold her still. Don’t let go until I say.”
  “Yes Sir,” comes the gruff reply from behind me.
  I feel the needle prick my neck and heat spread from the spot, then pressure as the liquid invades my blood. Unexpectedly I fall. The man holding me leaps back dropping me as if stung. Jason catches me just before I hit the ground cradling me gently. He turns to his partner.
  “You idiot! I said hold her! If she is hurt you will be punished.”
  "Sorry Sir, but she hurt me.”
  “And how is that? She wasn’t doing anything.”
  “She burned me when you gave her the drug…”
  Jason looks down at me and I see his tears fall just as my eyes close and I drop off into a deep sleep.
© Copyright 2010 Jenny Carver (ithicawolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1662332-Jasons-Mansion